Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think listening to a chaplain is much better than serving time in a Penal Battalion. I think??? Cheers!

Originally posted by Bob Lyons
    And both soldiers then needed counselling from the chaplain....

Bob

Comment

Here are some recent pickups....scanner still not working so I had to take some Digital pics. Destroyed Panzer IV
      Attached Files

Comment

Portrait postcard size photo of a DAK Officer wearing the Italian/Deutsch Afrika campaign Medal amd AfrikaKorps Cufftitle. Original photo is much sharper than my crummy Digital camera shows.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh so you are the winner of this wonderful photo . I was watching it on ebay and lost track of when it ended. Congrats Bill

Mike
          Originally posted by W Petz
          Here are some recent pickups....scanner still not working so I had to take some Digital pics. Destroyed Panzer IV

Comment

Hi Mike,

You snooze you lose!!! The original pic itself is pretty sharp...my digital camera doesn't do these photos justice. Thanks! - Bill

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
            Oh so you are the winner of this wonderful photo . I was watching it on ebay and lost track of when it ended. Congrats Bill

Mike

Comment

Here a few new photo pickup's.

Pz IV and crew
              Attached Files

Comment

Camo Pz IV with two crewman
                Attached Files

Comment

Colorized LW Portrait photo
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice Portrait of a Panzer NCO & Wife
                    Attached Files

Comment

A nice LW portrait photo
                      Last edited by W Petz; 02-01-2006, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Here is a new photo that I acquired......but I'm not to sure about....photo is very clear/sharp.....something funny about the MG42 though...it is missing the wooden or bakelit stock???? I just get the feeling this might be a newer photo although it has Agfa Brovira water mark and dated in ink 7.2.1944
                        Attached Files

Comment

I don;'t know much about these things, but the lads seem quite well fed for that time. Especially, the one on the left?

Comment

Bill,

Have you tried the blacklight test? That should at least help you with peace of mind.

When you say you are "not sure about this one..." Do you think it could be reenactors photographed and the picture made to look authentic?

As for the missing stock. Could it be part of the "breakdown" of the MG42 for cleaning or repair? Any guess is a possibility as there could be any number of reasons for that, ie, broken, for cleaning, more convenient for the configuration...

Great photos Bill. I have a similar Luft EM with the M43 cap.

Comment

It's not unheard of to remove the buttstock when the MG was mounted. I know I have a press photo somewhere where the MG buttstock has been removed. I'll see if I can locate it when I get home tonight.

Comment

Hi Mark & Todd,

It's not so much the paper that makes me question the photo but the removal of the buttstock that concerns me. I've never seen that done before. If someone tells me or better yet shows me that is common place then it would ease my mind. Thanks.

Originally posted by Mark Mac
                                Bill,

Have you tried the blacklight test? That should at least help you with peace of mind.

When you say you are "not sure about this one..." Do you think it could be reenactors photographed and the picture made to look authentic?

As for the missing stock. Could it be part of the "breakdown" of the MG42 for cleaning or repair? Any guess is a possibility as there could be any number of reasons for that, ie, broken, for cleaning, more convenient for the configuration...

Great photos Bill. I have a similar Luft EM with the M43 cap.
                                Bill.

It's not unheard of to remove the buttstock when the MG was mounted. I know I have a press photo somewhere where the MG buttstock has been removed. I'll see if I can locate it when I get home tonight. Todd
                                <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                                Last edited by W Petz; 02-02-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X