Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew,

Rudolf has passed away, have had a quick look at the list and can add that Dr Wolfgang Rust has also gone plus Otto Binnig and Hans Koll ,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Huntzman View Post
      Phil

You can't add eight and then remove twenty eight.............

It's against the rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't feel bad, I think I found another who passed away. Can anyone confirm that Richard Rudolf (SS) passed away ?

I'll make the corrections to the list later this afternoon.

Oh boy, just goes to show how hard it is to try and keep track of all of this.

Gott Ehre Seinem Andenken
      Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, it is not me who decides, it is the law of nature and I can not do anything.

Regards

Phil.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

H. LUTZ = Helmut LUTZE Heer

G. PRÖHL = Georg PRÖHL Luftwaffe

H. KÖHLER = Heinrich KÖHLER Heer.

Phil.

Comment

Ernst Orzegowski died in 2005,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by ardennes1944 View Post
            Unfortunately, it is not me who decides, it is the law of nature and I can not do anything.

Phil

No, you are quite right. The truth is that time stands still for no man.

I greatly appreciate everyones help in this undertaking. I'm working off old lists and several websites. So it isn't an easy undertaking.

Sadly the list seems to get shorter week by week. So anytime we can add a name it is a positive step.

Thanks also for the help on several names. My research showed several KC winners with the same last name, so it was hard to determine whom was alive.

I'm going to sit here with a cup of coffee and do a list update. Once again thank you all for the information.

Andrew

Comment

OK, List is once again update.

Comment

Hi Andrew

Helmut WIESELHUBER ( RK 14.05.44) Heer is still alive

Phil.

Comment

Phil

I added:

Helmut WIESELHUBER

But sadly I had to remove:

Eberhard Heder
                  Otto Westphalen
                  Walter Zurmöhle

Andrew

Comment

Andrew,

I have heard nothing about Eberhard Heder via the OdR and as far as i know he is ok what is the source of the info about him ?

Plus the poster about Hinrich Ahrens has not posted again with any info re him passing away and again no info from the OdR do we know any more ?

regards

Paul

Comment

Paul

I have also found nothing to suggest that Hinrich Ahrens has passed away either.

The information on Eberhard Heder came from another member, but unconfirmed as for the date. I am happy to add him back to the list until proven other wise. I will relist his name in a moment.

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew , Heder is a well known member of the OdR and generally if a member dies it is quickly put out by the OdR , have heard nothing about Eberhard so hopefully he is still fine .

Plus i know he is very friendly with John Moore and John hasn't posted anything re him.

regards

Paul

Comment

Paul

Glad to hear that. I hate having to revise the list and remove anyone. Over these last few months of research, and compiling the list, the names take on a new meaning.

Having corresponded with some, it is then very difficult to hear of their passing. I know it is inevitable, but it is something I would gladly put off doing !

Andrew

Comment

Andrew

Luftwaffe RKT Josef Schmid died 21-07-2006.

Regards Richard.
                            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I am not 100 % sure, but I think Georg le COUTRE (luftwaffe) is still alive.

Phil.

Comment

Hello,
                                I received a positive response from Helmut Steffen on Sept. 20, 2007. Not sure if family has signed for him or he may still be alive.
                                Thanks, Carey

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X