Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
    Good points Annelie our friend who sent 5 euro is way off ther mark for a contribution and no wonder he was asked for more as you quite rightly point out many of these Rentner are not receiving huge pensions and many in life post war did not work in employments that have left them well off. When the cost of copying photos , stamps , envelopes , cost of getting to the post office etc is taken into consideration a minimum 10 euros / $20 should be sent.
    Paul

It's a good thing I do all of the work myself beforehand, addressing my own return envelope, putting the correct German postage on it, and paying for the repoduction of my own photos in addition to including the 5 Euros. They just have to drop it in the mail box. We should all make it easier on them.

Everyone has an opinion on how much is "appropriate" to send.
    The truth is, they wouldn't send it back if they thought the amount inappropriate or too low. Of course, if you can afford to send more money, you should! But some of us cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by vonkoenigsberg View Post
      It's a good thing I do all of the work myself beforehand, addressing my own return envelope, putting the correct German postage on it, and paying for the repoduction of my own photos in addition to including the 5 Euros. They just have to drop it in the mail box. We should all make it easier on them.

Everyone has an opinion on how much is "appropriate" to send.
      The truth is, they wouldn't send it back if they thought the amount inappropriate or too low. Of course, if you can afford to send more money, you should! But some of us cannot.
      Well good for you !!

Comment

R.I.P. Walther Gerhold

The last Knights Cross recipient "Human Torpedo" pilot of the Kriegsmarine.

There's a great scene of him in the Deutschen Wochenschau around July 1944when he's in Berlin recounting the tactics for how he made his "kills" to a small crowd of Hitlerjugend and soldiers.

http://trauer.ruhrnachrichten.de/Tra...erhold-Walther

Ein lange, schoene Zeit ging zu Ende.
        Last edited by vonkoenigsberg; 03-15-2013, 06:44 PM. Reason: adding link

Comment

Hi

Paul Schneider

+ 11.1.2013 Innsbrück

RK 18.11.1944

Comment

Besides all the sad news, there is something to be happy about today.
            Today is Reinhard Hardegen's 100th birthday!
            I hope he has a great day today, he is a true hero!

Comment

That anyone reaches a hundred is something to be happy about
              but also being a vet is even more so.

All the very best of health and happiness.

Comment

Reinhard Hardegen's 100th birthday!

Originally posted by Hetzenauer View Post
                Besides all the sad news, there is something to be happy about today.
                Today is Reinhard Hardegen's 100th birthday!
                I hope he has a great day today, he is a true hero!

Reinhard Hardegen's 100th birthday! one of the greatest personalitys from the WW2. Wish him a nice day and more good years to come

Best
                Nicolai

Comment

Just viewed a photo of Herr Hardegen at 99, looks very
                  young and sure he hasn't changed much at his 100th
                  birthday.

He has had a very full productive life.

Comment

Would you mind please posting that photo of Hardegan, or perhaps a link?

Comment

How about the link to the photo I saw?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ry-honour.html

Comment

awesome link!
                        I have never seen some of these photos before.

Thanks!

Comment

You probably know this already, but the coloured photo in the link (bearded) is not Hardegan, but Otto v. Bülow.

John

Comment

here is another one with a short interview:

http://www.bild.de/regional/bremen/u...2490.bild.html

By the way Hardegen is not the last living U-boot commander - he is the oldest living U-Boot commander.

Comment

Does anyone know how Mr.Heder is doing at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by LB023 View Post
                                Does anyone know how Mr.Heder is doing at the moment?
                                I had a reply 2 months ago and everything was fine.
                                sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X