Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PO's

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
    Oh, I am confused then Chris. I am not versed in these. What I meant was that I don't think anyone is contesting the type of badge being an original type (well most don't seem to be contesting that), but I think they are saying they suspect this is a copy of that genuine type. At least that is what I have understood. About my statement of "later type" I must have misunderstood the information of the 3 types that are suspected of coming from the berlin manufacturer/jewler company. Of those three which is this Sperrle piece ? Bear with me , I am trying to catch up

Best Sal
    Ah...I understand now Sal...sorry.

OK...the problem is that these are very exclusive awards, and so few were awarded over a 10 year period....manufacture date might not (read probably not) correspond to award date. So we have badges awarded in 1940 of a particular type which is the same as a badge awarded in 1945...then between we have another version. So very hard to give a chronological order. My view, is that the Sperrle type of badge is earlier than the Hartman type...but I could very well be completely wrong on that, as I've already stated.
    Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris Jenkins; 05-17-2007, 05:30 PM.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
      The final selling price (with commission) would have been over 100,000 Euros I guess.
      Not 100 000 € but ONLY 79950 € including the commission. At Hermann they ONLY take 23%. Come on guys it was a real bargain

Comment

It gives me a warm feeling

This is not only my favorite Luftwaffe award - it is my favorite award, period. I'm sure there are rarer awards - but none so nice to look at. Let's see, if anyone has other recent sale prices, please post them. Then I will know how big of a lottery ticket win I need.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X