Combined P/O with Diamonds, GFM Sperrle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Robin, many known original examples of the IMIT badges exist as well as many known fake examples also marked IMIT.

Only joking, Stan.

Comment

What I think is very significant is that the the Sperrle and Harlinghausen awards both came in presentation cases marked "Deutsche Goldsmiedekunst-Werkstaetten Berlin-W".
      For many years we were told that Stuebbiger of Vienna was the sole manufacturer of both the "presentation" and "IMIT" pieces. This information would now appear to be incorrect.
      Stan
      The example from Hartmann comes also in the same case marked "Deutsche Goldschmiedekunst-Werkstaetten Berlin-W".

It never made sense to me that Goering would have given such a contract to somebody outside of Germany. I think it is incorrect information.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by GEPRUFT View Post
        We will know on three days, if HH sells the piece or not. And the final price.
        Mike
        The auction is over - nobody bought it.

Comment

An interesting point, the 2 badges are in the same makers box. "The example from Hartmann comes also in the same case marked "Deutsche Goldschmiedekunst-Werkstaetten Berlin-W".
          This troubles me.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
            An interesting point, the 2 badges are in the same makers box. "The example from Hartmann comes also in the same case marked "Deutsche Goldschmiedekunst-Werkstaetten Berlin-W".
            This troubles me.
            Doesn't trouble me a bit! But please explain why it troubles you.
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

TWO different badges in one case

Comment

TWO different badges in one case

Where is this train of thought leading?

Comment

plant stands dear Sal

Comment

Plant Stands

plant stands dear Sal
                    No...three badges in the same case (for me, each one an example of the three distinct styles of award piece covering a ten year period)

Come on Chris...admit that you were wrong, it wont hurt a bit !

(here we go again, below)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Chris Jenkins; 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Pilots Badge

Another point I would like to make is that the name on the presentation case mentions the word "Werkstaetten" which means "workshops", so maybe there were several goldsmiths in Berlin commissioned to produce these awards, hence three different styles of construction. Just a thought.

Stan

Comment

Another point I would like to make is that the name on the presentation case mentions the word "Werkstaetten" which means "workshops", so maybe there were several goldsmiths in Berlin commissioned to produce these awards, hence three different styles of construction. Just a thought.

Stan
                        .....that would be logical, Stan.

Chris

Comment

I am not surprised the badge did not sell. Now if Warlord wants to sell his badge from Eric Campion, for that price, I am sure there would be a double line forming!

Bob Hritz
                          Last edited by Bob Hritz; 05-11-2007, 03:00 PM.
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

What was the alleged provenance on the Sperrle piece?

Comment

...... for the record one like this, but without the case and background sold for double the reserve on this piece a little while ago as most of us will be aware.

Bob, Ref the Campion Badge.....a nice example of the later style, there being three styles of award piece that I am aware of. Almost ceretainly made in Germany, and none with "Rose Cut" diamonds as some believe.
                              Last edited by Chris Jenkins; 05-12-2007, 08:29 AM.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                                The badge just does not warm my heart, as it should.

Bob Hritz
                                ...and that's not because it's freezing outside hé Bob... ....
                                Pieter.
                                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X