Combined P/O with Diamonds, GFM Sperrle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finale

OK Guys...I guess we have got as far as we are going to get with this one....its been great fun.

One last word (who could resist ?)

Whilst I agree in the main with Pieter...I have to say that the various versions, for me, are not just about the search to make the diamonds sparkle....the dimensions and obverse features also differ (not just the reverse).

(Of course one hesitates to say too much).

But for me, they were produced over the ten year time frame (1935 ~ 45), by different craftsmen working in for a common "guild" in Berlin.

The badge that is the subject of this thread ?....from the pictures, for me its a lovely example of a known original type in its presentation case....Sperrle's ? I really dont know.....does it give that warm feeling ?....you bet !

Thanks to all participants, and especially to our friend from Oz, who brought our attention to this piece....
    Last edited by Chris Jenkins; 05-14-2007, 08:06 AM.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Pilot Observer Badge with Diamonds

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      The auction is over - nobody bought it.
      Stop Press....

Called in at HH yesterday to collect a purchase and asked to see the Sperrle P/O badge. It was sold just after the auction ended.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Stop Press....

Called in at HH yesterday to collect a purchase and asked to see the Sperrle P/O badge. It was sold just after the auction ended.

Stan
        I'm not surprised Stan. It was a quality badge when examined closely. Someone with big bucks obviously bought it for the reserve price......or a near offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
          I'm not surprised Stan. It was a quality badge when examined closely. Someone with big bucks obviously bought it for the reserve price......or a near offer.
          Hi Robin, so is your feeling that it was original?

sent you an email.

Best, Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
            Sal.

These jewellery things aren't my speciality.............but it looked good to me hands-on.

Comment

Thanks Robin, seems to be a variety of opinions all from people whos opinions I respect. Guess this one will remain a mystery for me.

Comment

Anyone know what collections this one has been in?

Comment

sent you an email.

Best, Sal
                  Sal...do you mean original in so far as its award to Sperrle ?
                  I dont think there can be much question about the badge and case being period....both are according to known examples.
                  The final selling price (with commission) would have been over 100,000 Euros I guess.

Chris

Comment

Commission on a E-65000 purchase is over E-35000? Wow! Good business with over a 50% commission!

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
                      Sal...do you mean original in so far as its award to Sperrle ?
                      I dont think there can be much question about the badge and case being period....both are according to known examples.
                      The final selling price (with commission) would have been over 100,000 Euros I guess.
                      I mean original in both ways Chris. There seems to be some seriously differing opinions. I am not talking about the 3 types you refer to, I think that some folks who accept the 3 types still think this is a copy of the late type. I don't know the answer, but I have been interested to hear the opinions of the experienced folks here.

Best, Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        Commission on a E-65000 purchase is over E-35000? Wow! Good business with over a 50% commission!

Bob Hritz
                        Sorry Bob/All....I meant over 100,000 US Dollars

Chris

Comment

I mean original in both ways Chris. There seems to be some seriously differing opinions. I am not talking about the 3 types you refer to, I think that some folks who accept the 3 types still think this is a copy of the late type. I don't know the answer, but I have been interested to hear the opinions of the experienced folks here.

Best, Sal
                          Well...how can it be a copy of the later type Sal ?...its completely different, and the Harlinghasuer is different to them both.

The misinformation stems from the mistaken theory expressed on forums that only one version (the later version for me, but lets call it the Hartman type) was produced.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Whether the piece in question was Sperrle's or not, I cannot say.
                          Last edited by Chris Jenkins; 05-17-2007, 04:25 AM.

Chris

Comment

As long as the buyer is happy, I am tickled pink.

I am still waiting for the badge that leaves me warm and breathless. Then, I am ready to talk price.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              As long as the buyer is happy, I am tickled pink.

I am still waiting for the badge that leaves me warm and breathless. Then, I am ready to talk price.

Bob Hritz
                              Walking up the stairs makes me breathless these days !

Chris

Comment

Oh, I am confused then Chris. I am not versed in these. What I meant was that I don't think anyone is contesting the type of badge being an original type (well most don't seem to be contesting that), but I think they are saying they suspect this is a copy of that genuine type. At least that is what I have understood. About my statement of "later type" I must have misunderstood the information of the 3 types that are suspected of coming from the berlin manufacturer/jewler company. Of those three which is this Sperrle piece ? Bear with me , I am trying to catch up

Best Sal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X