1st and 2nd Model S-Boot Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good Thread

Very good educational thread guys. There are few one-lookers when it comes to these badges now days. Good work Norm and John and anyone else who contributed.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
      Did you buy the books Martin?

I am sure you would not be fooled by an AC badge though, but look at the time you have put into them. The average collector simply cannot do that but they can post here before purchase to get your opinion.

That is why this forum is so helpful to collectors who just want to enjoy the hobby, not make it a profession.

John
      I do have the books John.

Without reference to them,i went with my gut feeling at the time.A lesson learned and that is what is so great about this forum.

Cheers,Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin W View Post
        I do have the books John.

Without reference to them,i went with my gut feeling at the time.A lesson learned and that is what is so great about this forum.

Cheers,Martin.
        I know you did Martin, just plugging the books since at $199 for all three volumes, a tremendous reference for these badges. It contains a lot more than what you can find on this forum, for example, weights and measurements. Also a lot of history to make the books interesting and not strictly a technical work.

We could not have done the Auxiliary Cruiser section without the great help of Martin as I am sure everyone recognizes.

John
        Last edited by John R.; 04-22-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Here is the link to the pinned thread at the top about the reference books:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...461165&page=12

John

Comment

I would like to thank all who contributed to this thread. I took a big hit but the dealer is a gentleman an once I contact him I feel confident he will make it right. As I told someone else...WA...The best $25 I ever spent! PS...I hope there is a special place in hell for fakers!!!
            Last edited by Ron P; 04-22-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

That is good news Ron.

I hope the dealer comes through for you.

This hobby is constant learning experience,even for an old fart like me who has been collecting for years and years.

Over the years i concentrated my collecting on one particular kind of badge and i do admit that certain other badges,original and fake,have passed my attention.

Good luck.

Martin.

P.S. Thank you for the kind words John.And yes,the books you mentioned are the best KM badge references out there.
              Last edited by Martin W; 04-22-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

The dealer that I got the fake Schwerin from has immediately offered to make things right. An honorable man who had no intentions of passing on a bad badge. For that I am grateful. Even the best in the field of collecting can be fooled by the fakers. Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                  The dealer that I got the fake Schwerin from has immediately offered to make things right. An honorable man who had no intentions of passing on a bad badge. For that I am grateful. Even the best in the field of collecting can be fooled by the fakers. Ron.

Excellent news.

John

Comment

Links to the other two threads on this type of 1st pattern repro:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=826871

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=693758
                    Last edited by Norm F; 10-14-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                      Apparently it has been passed on or an attempt to pass it on. What is the story with this fake first pattern Ron?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=833084

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X