1st and 2nd Model S-Boot Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st and 2nd Model S-Boot Badges

Here are my two S-Boot badges. I think they are 100% original but I like to vet them anyway. I sold the 2nd model AS on estand and the buyer returned it because he did not like the copper tone finish of the wreath. I guess it wasn't pretty enough for him. Anyone have any problems with either of them? Regards, Ron.

Pictures with and without flash....
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Both badges look just fine to me Ron.

The zinc AS badges were copper coated before the final finish was applied.

That is why the finish holds up so well on many of these AS zincers.

I'm sure you will find another buyer for what i consider a very desirable badge.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
                    Here are my two S-Boot badges. I think they are 100% original but I like to vet them anyway. I sold the 2nd model AS on estand and the buyer returned it because he did not like the copper tone finish of the wreath. I guess it wasn't pretty enough for him. Anyone have any problems with either of them? Regards, Ron.

Pictures with and without flash....
                    Hi Ron,

It would probably be better to get some sharp photos in bright indirect daylight, but within the limitations of the photos provided I don't see any problems with the AS 2nd-pattern S-Boat badge. Maybe the colour is not everyone's cup of tea but it's certainly the original finish in my opinion.

I'm more concerned about the 1st pattern Schwerin however. The photos of the obverse aren't so sharp but from the reverse it looks an awful lot like the old high quality reproductions discussed in this thread:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=693758

Could you please provide accurate dimensions and weight for that one? Hopefully it's just a trick of the photos.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Last edited by Norm F; 04-21-2015, 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks for posting that old thread Norm.

I see your concerns in regards to the Schwerin now.The maker mark looks good but i think the top hook is the giveaway.Hopefully i am wrong ?

If this is a fake then it's a damn good one ??

Regards,Martin.
                      Last edited by Martin W; 04-20-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

The first pattern is a fake IMO. There is more than one thing wrong with it.

We have seen this before someplace, at least this type. Maybe what Norm posted or something similar.

John

Comment

The AS is fine. This badge holds up over time in regards to finish, and this one is no exception. Not one of the best examples out there, but pretty nice.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                            The first pattern is a fake IMO. There is more than one thing wrong with it.

We have seen this before someplace, at least this type. Maybe what Norm posted or something similar.

John
                            I agree with you here John.
                            Kind regards,
                            Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Thank's for all of your replies. Before we give the Schwerin the "kiss of death", let me try get better pics, weight, and dimensions. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X