Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karsten S View Post
    Hi Basti,

Very interesting reading, and I see some good argues. I will reply to you, just need to ask you:

Do you have documentation of what exact work the homeworkers did do for the manufacturers?

When you say not small companies, do you then still believe that Berg & Nolte was a small company and that St&L´s production was in the basement of the old villa?

KR

Karsten
    Hi Karsten and Philippe (as i know he reads here too),

here my answer to your last question. Berg & Nolte was a big firm and yes in the beginning the S&L production was in the basement. Later the company grow up and make one or more additions.

And as i know that you have the possibility. Please change my status in CGA in suspended. After you or Philippe changed my password so that i can not logged in any more.

Comment

Hi Guys

From this post onwards let us keep to the topic in this thread please, as it has plenty of good info and discussion. I still have not fully read it yet!

I will delete any further threads that go off topic.

thanks
      Graeme

Comment

Hi guys,

Interesting thread in the 1957er forum that pertains to this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...77#post5933977

Specifically the quote from Alex regarding the lack of leftover hardware:

Anyway, from a fellow collector that personally talked to Mr. Umlauf (Manager of Souval) in 1974, I have learned that one of the many problems in producing badges in those later years was the shortage of good hardware. One probably wouldn't think so but Souval had to use whatever they had on hand. I don't know why Souval didn't just keep using their own "Souval claw" hardware which they used in the 50's & 60's, but they sure must have had problems with the supply of good hardware.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

new thread:

Opening the mystery box: Rettenmaier, maker of combat awards and lots more!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X