X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I see they are probably our 'fat barreld' little friends from Austria from the 1970's. You know the type were the tanks is too big and stitching \\ in stead of //... correct me if I'm wrong.

(I would like one in my collection, if it is for sale let me know)

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
      Hi Albert,

thanks for your response. A interesting picture! I will get back to you, please provide more pictures if possible.

Dirk J.
      Here you go! Both are nice worn pieces. One has the typical green cotton canvas backing, the other the green felt backing.
      Attached Files

Comment

From what I see they are probably our 'fat barreld' little friends from Austria from the 1970's. You know the type were the tanks is too big and stitching \\ in stead of //... correct me if I'm wrong.

(I would like one in my collection, if it is for sale let me know)
        Nope...
        Attached Files

Comment

Well you had me there! Nothing wrong with them, actually these are great!

But why the 'blank' on these as you stated earlier? They are as I described the type 2a (hard to get types) in this thread.

(They look very much like the 1970's reproduction I was talking about)

Comment

Well you had me there! ...
            Sorry, was not my intention.

... actually these are great!

They are as I described the type 2a (hard to get types) in this thread. ...
            Oh, ok, I see now...

Thanks,
            Albert

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
              Sorry, was not my intention.

Oh, ok, I see now...

Thanks,
              Albert
              It does not really matter as it keeps me (and others) sharpand alert.

Comment

Hi all,

nearly 3200 views of this thread, I see that as a compliment, so thanks for looking .

As I once mentioned, I would like to get the field made types up so please send any good images you have on these if any (badges and in wear).

Also I am getting a few types of common and less common reproductions from some of you and other places so maybe I can extend this thread with a posting on reproduction TDB's in the future, so if you have any please provide a good scan to panzerbuster@hotmail.com or send me a PM with your asking price for it. Maybe you have one I do not yet have which will provide the needed information.

Comment

Btt

Comment

Here is one silver:

RonR

Comment

Reverse:

RonR

Comment

Hi Ron,

thanks for your contribution! Looks like the type 1 shown in post #41, the non-magnetic. It looks like this one had a rough time as it seems the tank was at one stage seperated for some reason . Anyway a nice example.

Comment

Hi Ron,

pretty and quite rare Example!

KR
                          Eddy

PS: Does anyone know, where a golden one is for sell now?

Comment

The reproduction TDB

Seeing the current market and forums on this badge, I and many others would like to have a clarification on what is real and what is post war made.

I have started to collect some of the more commonly found post war tank destruction badges (thanks to some of you for selling them to me ).

I want to get this thread up and going again and show my findings as to clear some things up on this topic.

I once promissed to show some authentic field made TDB's but due to lack of material, I will have to delay and get on it sometime in the future.

Comment

The fake 01

The first (very bad) reproduction of the TDB Gold which is commonly found and is also mostly very low priced.

The tank is not magnetic - probably bronze - a poor cast and solid. It has two prongs on the back side by side.

Tank measurements (approx):

height: 17.5mm
                              width:41.0mm
                              Thickest part 2.3 mm

Height of badge 38 mm (in total)
                              Width of whole badge 9 cm
                              Attached Files

Comment

The fake 01

This is obviously the same TDB but the black version. Measurements and features are practically the same.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by deejay; 07-28-2007, 09:11 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X