This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brauer

Fantastic photos there! Love all the ones on Crete, my favourite subject.
    I noticed that you actually had 2 photos showing Brauer. It seems to be the same group in both pictures 234 and 243. In 234 that's Brauer siting on the car.
    As for Kurt Veth, wasnt he in FJR3?
    Cheers.

Comment

Kyle,

Thanks for your compliment and for joining in on this thread. My problem is I like all photos with FJ in them. I believe you are right on 234 & 243. Kurt Veith was with FJR 3 and he jumped into Crete with the Regiment and received the EK1 & 2. He later won the KC in Sept 1944 at Monte Cassino as Commander of II Btl. FJR 3. - Bill

Originally posted by Kyle Scott
      Fantastic photos there! Love all the ones on Crete, my favourite subject.
      I noticed that you actually had 2 photos showing Brauer. It seems to be the same group in both pictures 234 and 243. In 234 that's Brauer siting on the car.
      As for Kurt Veth, wasnt he in FJR3?
      Cheers.
      Here is an interesting photo of some FJ. The driver is wearing a splinter camo jacket and pilots goggles.
      Attached Files

Comment

"Here is an interesting photo of some FJ. The driver is wearing a splinter camo jacket and pilots goggles"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Maybe he is an ex pilot drafted into or who joined the FJ,or just likes to look cool.
        Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 04-08-2006, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger
          ---
          Maybe he is an ex pilot drafted into or who joined the FJ,or just likes to look cool.
          Or, like most rational folks, perhaps he wears them to keep the wind and sun out of his eyes.
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

You can't tell he's fj from the pic, maybe he's a pilot wearing a cammo jacket?

Comment

Comment

Crete photos

Just had to comment on a couple of the Crete photos that I took a closer look at.
                I noticed that in pic 217 there are actually 3 Fj checking out the ruins.
                Pic 218 is an interesting one. It seems to show Fj watching over (talking with?) commonwealth troops, but also there seems to be a commonwealth soldier who has died of his wounds. His face has been covered by a sheet, his feet still elevated to slow the flow of blood from a nasty thigh wound (judging from the amount of dressing) which is probably the cause of his death.
                The Fj closest to the camera shows some nice details, such as the inner cuff of the jump smock and the sole of his boot.
                Again great pics Bill, and a real treat to be able to look at them, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
                  Or, like most rational folks, perhaps he wears them to keep the wind and sun out of his eyes.
                  Yes we know that but i was joking realy,and whats wrong with looking cool to anyway,and maybe he is mot a FJ too?.
                  Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 04-10-2006, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention Cassino 1944 is written on the reverse. - Bill

(quote=paulmfjr2]You can't tell he's fj from the pic, maybe he's a pilot wearing a cammo jacket?[/quote]

Comment

Had the chance to purchase a few rare photos, Bulgarian paras on training in Germany. Wanted to share them with you. First:
                      Attached Files
                      The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

that moustache... almost for sure Bulgarians. What is one carrying, looks like an wooden MP40 or what??
                        Attached Files
                        The World Needs Peace

Comment

preparation work
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Theodor; 04-12-2006, 04:00 PM.
                          The World Needs Peace

Comment

Finally, only this one has writing on the back, it says "During my 5th jump, 1943 Braunschweig".
                            Attached Files
                            The World Needs Peace

Comment

I seem to remember Eric showing us some photos of Bulgarian paras more than a year ago..
                              I think definately the second photo you posted, Theo, shows the same guys (hard to miss that moustache)

Comment

Hello Theodor,

Very nice and rarely seen photos of Bulgarian Paras...although I agree with Yannis....I too believe I have seen these pics on the forum by Eric Queen.

Yannis if these pics didn't say they were Bulgarian I would have thought that guy with the mustache might be Greek!! - Bill

Originally posted by Yannis
                                I seem to remember Eric showing us some photos of Bulgarian paras more than a year ago..
                                I think definately the second photo you posted, Theo, shows the same guys (hard to miss that moustache)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X