This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more fantatstic pictures Bill!

Do this man's collar tabs appear as dark in the original picture as they do here? What do you think they are, medical or signals perhaps?

Originally posted by W Petz

Comment

Hello,
      hard to tell from the small picture, but there might as well not be any collar tab on the Fliegerbluse.
      Often enough they were taken off and the wings applied directly to the collar in order not to give the enemy a prominent mark to aim at. Literally "Spiegel aufsitzend" for those of you who speak German.

best regards,
      Volker

Comment

Ben,

I believe I see dark red tabs on his collar which would make him flak. - Bill

Here is a closer scan of the photo!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by W Petz; 12-17-2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Hi Bill,

although I haven't seen the close up yet I always find it great to see different collar tabs in use with the FJ than the obvious yellow ones.
          Thanks!

Comment

Ben,

I agree and I have no doubts in my mind that different collar tabs were worn. - Bill

Here are a few more recent pickups!

Originally posted by Ben
            Hi Bill,

although I haven't seen the close up yet I always find it great to see different collar tabs in use with the FJ than the obvious yellow ones.
            Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Great stuff Bill!

Comment

Nobody else wonderin where the two trees and their shadows end up?

Comment

Hello,

I hope you have not used this photo anywhere else! The photo just happens to be mine and if you look at #17 of this thread you will see where I posted it. Please have the courtesy to ask for permission before you post it either here on this forum or anywhere else. Regards - Bill

Originally posted by C7riS

Nobody else wonderin where the two trees and their shadows end up?

Comment

Here is another recent pickup. A Decorated Sani (Medic) wearing an EK1, LWGAB, FJ Badge and what appears to be dark blue collar waffenfarbe and specialty arm badge of the Medical Branch.
                          Attached Files

Comment

What a collection Bill!
                            I've been returning to this thread every few days for more great photographs and you never disappoint.

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your comments. I'm attaching a few more recent arrivals. This FJ appears to be wearing Flak collar tabs and breast ribbon for Italian/German Afrika campaign Medal, Black Wound Badge and FJ Badge. Bill

Originally posted by Neil B
                              What a collection Bill!
                              I've been returning to this thread every few days for more great photographs and you never disappoint.

Neil
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by W Petz; 12-20-2005, 09:10 PM.

Comment

FJ in Tropical Uniforms..Italy?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X