Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pic....thanks for sharing. Here is one of my new arrivals....which appears to have three different Jump smocks in wear.

Originally posted by PanzerJager1944 View Post
    Here’s one from my collection, nothing to exciting going on except he sure seems proud of his jump badge

Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

One more.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Bill, thanks for sharing your bank of historic images. With all the images shown, how many do you have that you've not shown?

No need answer that, as one can only imagine.........

Comment

So many

Yes thanks again Bill for all these pictures you show,having done so many you have not shown some again possibly even?.
          And that range of smock pictures i like the camo one the best,and is there a date for it or where it is?,like with the caps they wear,say 1941-1943.

Comment

In reference to your question on the three FJ wearing different smocks. reverse reveals it is Fallsch Jaeger Lehr-Regiment in France May 1944

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
            Yes thanks again Bill for all these pictures you show,having done so many you have not shown some again possibly even?.
            And that range of smock pictures i like the camo one the best,and is there a date for it or where it is?,like with the caps they wear,say 1941-1943.

Comment

Rich,

Nothing like sharing the photographic history of the Fallschirmjaegers and other branches of the Wehrmacht. I have alot of photos/photo albums that have not been shown on the forum. I post a little here and there when I get the time to do so...I do in fact post most of my new pics as they come in fresh from my friends in Germany, Ebay or through some of the Military shows I attend. Cheers! - Bill

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
              Bill, thanks for sharing your bank of historic images. With all the images shown, how many do you have that you've not shown?

No need answer that, as one can only imagine.........

Comment

Here is a nice FJ group shot that just landed in my post box
                Attached Files
                Last edited by W Petz; 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  In reference to your question on the three FJ wearing different smocks. reverse reveals it is Fallsch Jaeger Lehr-Regiment in France May 1944
                  Thanks Bill for this info,remind me that regt fought in normandy and was part of what FJ divison there,the 2nd,3rd,5th,6th,or was it an independent one that fought with these divisons or other wehrmacht forces?.

Comment

It was the 6th the fought in Normandy

Mr. Petz thanks for sharing these great images with us.

Comment

The 6th FJ divison

So for shure you say it was part of the 6th FJ divsion,i only did a quick check of my books and could not see it,though remember the name of the unit being mentioned in my books and seeing on the net.

Comment

The 6th FJD did not fight in Normandy. It was formed in the fall of 1944. FJR6, part of the 2nd FJD, did fight in Normandy while the other regiments of the 2nd FJD, FJR2 and FJR7, were sent to Brest.

Great photos Bill. You continue to find some super ones.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Lots of info out there

Well there is always lots of info in books and the net about the divisons,they did not fight as a whole divsion of course as not even fully formed.The 17th and 18th regts formed,the 16th sent off too the eastern front "The 6th Parachute Division was formed in France in June 1944 around the 17th and 18th Parachute regiments","The division was almost destroyed in the fighting in Normandy"

One book said a srcatch formation consisting of FJR 17 AND 18 formed in france in june 1944 and effectively destroyed in normandy.(osprey/men at arms series book on the german airborne troops 1939-45)
                          We all know the 3rd and 5th FJ divisons fought there,and yes the FJR 6,thats why normandy after the german rhineland battles for me are my favourites,as so many of them there.

http://web.archive.org/web/200509060.../divisions.htm
                          On all FJ divisons,6th in there.

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/fallschirm/6fjd.htm
                          6th FJ divison.

http://web.telia.com/~u18313395/norm...rob/gerob.html
                          6th FJ divison info,see the lehr-regt mentioned in this a bit and not above link by name,well dose not seem to go straight there,but will see it on the side.

http://www.fj-lehrkompanie.com/2006%20Index.htm
                          This reenactment group of a company that must be part of the regt of course that says normandy 1944.

http://translate.google.com/translat...icrosoft:en-US
                          Some info and pictures here on the 6th FJ divison here too,its commanders,and lehr-regt of course too in normandy.
                          Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 11-09-2007, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Excuse my speed reading. I thought you were asking about the FJR6 not divison.

Comment

That was in my head as well....so don't worry it wasn't you! Bill

Originally posted by Jager_Dru View Post
                              Excuse my speed reading. I thought you were asking about the FJR6 not divison.

Comment

Fallsch Jaeger Lehr-Regiment

Well i knew the 6th FJ divison fought in normandy or parts of it did,and i was not on about the 6th FJR though.But the Fallsch Jaeger Lehr-Regiment that was part of the 6th FJ divison i was talking about related too Bill's picture in post 571 of the 3 FJ.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X