Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great Scott! Would love to see the full tunic.

Regards, Paul

Comment

Great stuff from You all, thank You very much for contributing to this thread!

Here is a another nice pic from the earlier times of the regiment: RGG officers watch the troops exercising at the light flak.
      Attached Files

Comment

And a portrait of a RGG EM:
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice ID disc.
          Attached Files
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Would love to see some tropical tunic examples. Looking for info on blue backing LW eagles on tan/tropical Hermann Goering division tunics. I've seen a couple examples of this on alleged originals on Google search. Are they fake? If not my guess was they were slapped on as HG was rushed to Tunisia, and it became less common thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
              Hand stitched cuff title..same base material as the few I have handled and examined.
              Interesting to see the same thread used on the cufftitle application as on the eagle application. Plus, the thread from the tag. So, hand applied cufftitles were also from the factory. Now that I think about it, I have seen a second example like yours.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Ostheim View Post
                Would love to see some tropical tunic examples. Looking for info on blue backing LW eagles on tan/tropical Hermann Goering division tunics. I've seen a couple examples of this on alleged originals on Google search. Are they fake? If not my guess was they were slapped on as HG was rushed to Tunisia, and it became less common thereafter.
                All Luftwaffe tropical tunics, regardless of the formation which wore them, were the same. Tan eagles. Some removed by officer's, or just absent.

You will find many HG troops in Tunisia and Sicily wearing HG cufftitles on their trop tunics. Surviving examples of these (with cufftitle) are exceptionally rare.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here we have a guy with a slightly darker background around his eagle on his tropical uniform.

Unfortunately not my pic, came from German Ebay and is de-nazified.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Steve, that is an interesting photo. Strange application of the cufftitle as it appears it is just wrapped around the sleeve. Nice belt too. Wonder if the buckle and belt are blue.

As for the eagle, it might just be a darker thread tightly zig-zag sewn around the eagle. A blue-gray wool one, IMO, would appear darker. But, can't know for sure. The border seems to be a lighter color than the tie, which is likely to be a tan or brown one. Removing an eagle and replacing it with a wool one seems odd, don't you think?
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Agree, Willi.

It was just the only pic I found which shows a somewhat darker edge around the bird. But the edge is not as dark as the cuff title which is dark blue for sure. It just look a little bit odd, so I want to throw it in.

Comment

From the magazine 'Der Adler', so quality isn't so good, but some HG personnel in Tunisia sometime in 1943...

Comment

The MEYER cap being worn Silver Chinstrap for sure and possibly the one on the tent post seem to be Officer used..post MEYER might have Officer piping ....Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
                            It was just the only pic I found which shows a somewhat darker edge around the bird. But the edge is not as dark as the cuff title which is dark blue for sure.

Perhaps like the eagle on this pic:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Photos-Milita...QAAOSw2gxYz4N5

Of course not a blue backing.

Comment

Delete.
                              Last edited by Leroy; 03-29-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Any insight on whether or not these examples of 'dark' eagles on tropical tunics are fake

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X