This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let's start with the cufftitle:

"Hermann Göring" in bullion for officers in the rare 1942 gothic script pattern.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RamJet; 05-13-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

And two pics of the inner side:

Edit: Oh, my post #3333!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RamJet; 05-13-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

visor marked under band
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice cap, I wish I had one!

Here You see 109 of these caps together: The Musikkorps of the HG Division in Turin/Italy on July 1st, 1942:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
            Very nice cap, I wish I had one!

Here You see 109 of these caps together: The Musikkorps of the HG Division in Turin/Italy on July 1st, 1942:
            Agree, a lovely cap jmcm. Would love to see the Unit marking under the sweat band too if you have any more pictures?

Steve, your band (#151) is stunning to look at, one to treasure.

The picture is great too. Regarding the caps I can see a mixture (50/50 ?) of smaller early cap eagles, and the later (1938+ ?) eagles with the more outspread wings. The far section of men appear to have jackboots and perhaps wool (Tuchrock/ Waffenrock) uniforms?

Regarding the larger section of men in the foreground, are they wearing cotton uniforms? Perhaps the blue tropical (unpleated lower pockets etc) uniforms with full insignia on them?

Regards, Paul

Comment

After the early General Göring cufftitle set (EM/NCO/officer) I managed to get the mid-1942 first Hermann Göring CT set (in Gothic script) complete, too.

Now I only have to go for the block letter HG EM CT (easy to get) and the officer version (I already missed one this year) to finish the collection.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful collection of CTs! Definitely my favorite type of Luftwaffe CTs.

Gary
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Really nice HG cuffbands!

Rene Chavez
                  www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Steve, those are all great CTs!
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thank You!

Got a second pair of the later HG Panzer officer collar tabs (see the first posts in this thread). They came from the same source like the first pair, also unissued, suppose old tailor stock. Tabs are orignial for sure, skulls also, but of course I cannot judge when both came together, pre-1945 or a half year ago ...

Anyhow, I like this pair more than the first one. Will exchange them in the display.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome find, my friend!

You have been quite lucky in finding these very rare tabs.

Gary B
                        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Fantastic set of tabs ... and cuff titles.... and a very interesting and informative thread....

Comment

Not sure if you HG guys have seen this photo before ?

Here is a photo of the HG in Tunisia. taken from the Tanks Illustrated no 17 Afrikakorps by George Balin. The caption mentions the STG is in an overall dark yellow and the only insignia besides the cross was a section letter in black on the rear hull. Was not aware of any STG's with the long 75mm in Afrika. Up till now had thought only the short barreled 75mm STGIIId had made it over....

Anyone know how many STGIII's were with the HG Div in Afrika ?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 09-11-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Very nice ID disc.found in Heiligenbail area////all disk found without owners

Last edited by you; 12-07-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

from friend's collection

Last edited by you; 12-07-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X