Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one is for sale on e-stand at the moment. I thought it would be nice to save it here:
    Hard to tell if it is from a jump smock or FD jacket, though I am leaning toward the former.
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
        though I am leaning toward the former.
        Me too.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

My smart*ss comment at 493 notwithstanding, there are some nice cutout eagles on this thread. I don't recall even seeing the one Steve posted earlier that he said was on the e-stand; did it sell already or am I just going blind?

Comment

I vote for smock as well. The splinter fabric and thread attaching the eagle are why I think so.

Homer, it is listed on page 5 of the insignia section on the estand. The price has been dropping, which is interesting as these things are seldom on the market for very long.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
              Glad at least you are here Michael. Guess Willi and Steve are on vacation. Together?

Here is an example of exactly what you describe. And before the deluge of PMs begin, the tunic illustrated is not mine. However it will be illustrated in a future book I'm working on.
              John,

Eagles have never been a primary focus of mine, but based upon what I see in this thread, yours seems to be a really cool and rare varient! What type of tunic is this on?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                John,

Eagles have never been a primary focus of mine, but based upon what I see in this thread, yours seems to be a really cool and rare varient! What type of tunic is this on?
                Paul, it is on an M43, just like yours. Not my tunic however, belongs to a friend.
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                  Paul, it is on an M43, just like yours. Not my tunic however, belongs to a friend.
                  Holy crap John! You should see if he will allow you to post it in the M43 thread! Was it an issued item? What type of shoulder boards or other insignia are on it?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                    Holy crap John! You should see if he will allow you to post it in the M43 thread! Was it an issued item? What type of shoulder boards or other insignia are on it?
                    Paul the owner prefers that further images be in a book before here on the Forum. Will PM you some description details if you like. Am sure there are others. but this is the only time I've seen a jump smock eagle originally applied to a tunic, thus the tunic is quite rare and desirable.
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A unique eagle sewn to a piece of splinter smock. I have only seen this style of eagle used by one particular manufacturer. So far....
                      Attached Files
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

For some reason most of the splinter smock fabric has been removed. This now reveals an eagle which has a backing (like Luft trop tunic breast eagles and some other smock eagles).
                        Attached Files
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sweet eagle Willi! . I think there is an example like this in "German Paratroops" correct?

In addition, an interesting correlation b/w eagle and smock mfr.........."so far" as you say.

Comment

Since the backing on the bottom appeared to be loose I decided to take a look. Much to my surprise this reveals an eagle machine sewn on a peice of splinter fabric which has been reversed.
                            Attached Files
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

You are correct Larry.

Here is the same eagle, though much cleaner, sewn to a nice large piece of water pattern fabric.
                              Attached Files
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Very nice Willi! Eagles with a lot of fabric still sewn to them are really cool!

I noticed the threads used to apply the eagles are different colors. I wonder if this maker used a certain color of thread for splinter smocks and a certain color for the sumpfs or just whatever was at hand? Interesting!
                                Last edited by Larry F.; 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X