WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which jump smock best represents the Fallschirmjäger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMP View Post
    Splinter appears more popular than plain green when you take the combined totals into account. However "green devils "still sounds better !
    And splinter is IMO "mostly" green, so the moniker still applies.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
      Splinter appears more popular than plain green when you take the combined totals into account. However "green devils "still sounds better !
      That would only be a valid conclusion if you also had a green 3rd model, and the combined total of green 2nd and 3rd models were less than the total of the splinter models. Since we don't have green 3rd models you can't present the data that way.

Green step-ins are considered more representative than splinter step-ins, based on the results so far. And, also selected more frequently than 3rd model splinters.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
        No camo SD in my opinion. If I think about the quintessential image, in my mind's eye I see an FJ with SD helmet, splinter smock (with rolled up sleeves), MP40 and magazine pouch, P08 holster, para trousers and front lacing boots - classic for Italy, France, Holland, etc.! But that is just me.
        Agreed. Spot on assessment for me also ( apart from the rolled up sleeves) .

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
          Agreed. Spot on assessment for me also ( apart from the rolled up sleeves) .
          I like the rolled sleeves. Very southern Italian as Mike says. Off thread a bit, but love those netted helmets in Italy too.

Each to his own, but Splinter smocks will always be dearest to my heart........
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A great photo illustrating just what Mike is talking about, classic Fj and IMHO one of the greatest looking of all combat uniforms.
            Attached Files
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

John is right, have to agree, FJ splinters are the best looking and represent Italy, Normandy and after. Im a fan as I finally nabbed one of my own at the last SOS.

Comment

I am Splinter with a chunky helmet net guy.

Comment

Bringing this back up with a photo from my favorite smock, 1940 Splinter step in.
                  Attached Files
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X