MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which jump smock best represents the Fallschirmjäger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjäger smock vote 2010

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
    When you picture a WWII Fallschirmjäger in your mind, which smock pattern best represents their image?
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Ok I cast my vote for green step in...

remember SQUADRON/SIGNAL FALLSCHIRMJÄGER Booklet
    Fritz Becker in his greenie and Gauntlet gloves

remember airfix 1/32 scale FJ toy

A greenie could and was used EVERYWHERE!!
    ....historically and reenacment"mäßig"!!!

There´s something "spiritual-mystical" about a green knochensack.......like the fishtail parka for a Mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raschid View Post
      Ok I cast my vote for green step in...

remember SQUADRON/SIGNAL FALLSCHIRMJÄGER Booklet
      Fritz Becker in his greenie and Gauntlet gloves

remember airfix 1/32 scale FJ toy

A greenie could and was used EVERYWHERE!!
      ....historically and reenacment"mäßig"!!!

There´s something "spiritual-mystical" about a green knochensack.......like the fishtail parka for a Mod!!
      I agree. And I also voted for green smocks.

BUT Airfix 1:32 on the parcel had SPLINTER Smocks (the officer had kind of tan, but all others splinter. also on the backside the description for painting shows splinter), not green ones and bluegrey "Wollhosen". So thats no argument for green smocks but for splinter. On the parcel it said something like "blaugraue Tuchhosen wurden dazu kaum getragen" I remember it well...

Here is a link. The parcel in the 70ies was little different but the picture and printing was the same:
      http://cw-modell.de/bilder/produkte/gross/2194_1.jpg

Comment

Airfix box art rules .

owen

Comment

Fallschirmjager smock representation

Green step in for me

Comment

How about some pictures guys of your favorite examples? I would like to see at least one of each type in the pole. And please tell me cause I'm a newbie to th field and need schooling witch type they are please. It would make this thread even Better.

Comment

I vote for the green step in. Like others have said...It was worn from beginning to end and its classic! However....I can't help but to love them all! Both the green step in and the Splinter button up jump smocks are worn in a new film....Devils of War. It's a purposelyade to look like a bad B flick sci-Fi film set in WWII. Very cool Fallschirm uniforms with attention to detail! ;-)

Comment

Just imagine trying to paint a splinter pattern 1/32 scale. I'd settle for a green coat!

Comment

my favorite

Comment

beautifull !

Have these step in smocks been used late war as extra layer of clothing aswell... or only during jumps ?

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                      Mir also, even the SS pattern, which to date, has not been shown in wear.

An interesting and similar analogy to Willi's jump smock question would be, "which jump helmet best represents the Fj?
                      1. DD
                      2. SD
                      3. Camo, and if camo, a specific camo?
                      4. late war no decal

Perhaps we should create this thread.

yes , i vote for the SD helmet with Black rubber, second type chinstrap, and steel screws first type
                      I think the more representative
                      bye

Comment

Luft Ground a Forces Splinter Jacket/Smock

You should add the Luft Ground Forces Jacket too. It was worn by FJ in all theaters at all times during the war. Don't get all wet here....just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by planejack777 View Post
                          You should add the Luft Ground Forces Jacket too.
                          It does not say "Which uniform best represents the Fallschirmjäger", but "Which jump smock..."

Originally posted by planejack777 View Post
                          It was worn by FJ in all theaters at all times during the war.
                          Double incorrect - it was introduced to late to "was worn... in all theaters at all times...", and pics showing true paras wearing one are very rare, although it is common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                            It does not say "Which uniform best represents the Fallschirmjäger", but "Which jump smock..."

Double incorrect - it was introduced to late to "was worn... in all theaters at all times...", and pics showing true paras wearing one are very rare, although it is common sense.
                            True, agree and agree.
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Plus, anyone who understands surveys and the value of the data captured therein, knows you can not change the elements of the survey 8.5 years after the survey started. It then makes the data statistically invalid. As is, based on some of the selections, some chose "their favorite" smock over "which best represents the FJs". How else could folks choose the tan M41?

The value of this survey is that 175 chose the green step-in first, and the splinter 3rd second at 139. With the splinter step-in coming in 3rd with 98. So far....
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Splinter appears more popular than plain green when you take the combined totals into account. However "green devils "still sounds better !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X