This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
    I just noticed I have a woven subdued one as well. Don't you just hate when you don't know what you have???
    It will happen more often as you catch up with me.

Great badge Willi! I knew I had seen another somewhere.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Another one for the thread!

Tony
      Attached Files

Comment

found this thread very useful, thanks

john
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is my badge

Comment

cheers

Edwin
            Attached Files

Comment

FJ Cloth Badges

Hello,
              Great badges. Here are two of mine. This example has a flaw to the wreath.

Jody
              Attached Files

Comment

FJ Cloth Badges

Here is my favorite a late war dark wreath example.
                Attached Files

Comment

very nice !

Comment

4 more variants

If you click here and scroll down, you'll find four more variants on my 101st Airborne website:
                    http://www.101airborneww2.com/souvenirs.html
                    all are different from each other and I think all are different from the ones so far posted here. All are 101st Airborne vet bring-backs.

The one with the brown eye came from a 327th Glider trooper, who took it from a FJ trooper at Bastogne, along with a partially white painted camo FJ helmet. I couldn't get the helmet and it ended up in another Michigan collection. The cloth badge was the only one I've seen with a brown eye
                    on the eagle.
                    I was hoping to see some hand embroidered bullion examples on these pages, as well. Always wanted one, but have never owned one. A 101st officer I know has one, but it is lost in some box in his apartment and he can't find it. Some of you collectors must own bullion examples?

Comment

Originally posted by M Bando View Post
                      If you click here and scroll down, you'll find four more variants on my 101st Airborne website:
                      http://www.101airborneww2.com/souvenirs.html
                      all are different from each other and I think all are different from the ones so far posted here. All are 101st Airborne vet bring-backs.

The one with the brown eye came from a 327th Glider trooper, who took it from a FJ trooper at Bastogne, along with a partially white painted camo FJ helmet. I couldn't get the helmet and it ended up in another Michigan collection. The cloth badge was the only one I've seen with a brown eye
                      on the eagle.
                      I was hoping to see some hand embroidered bullion examples on these pages, as well. Always wanted one, but have never owned one. A 101st officer I know has one, but it is lost in some box in his apartment and he can't find it. Some of you collectors must own bullion examples?
                      you have a very nice website Mr Bando

Cheers

Edwin

Comment

A couple of recent local finds.
                        Attached Files
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Where can I get an original WW2 cloth badge?

Comment

Metallic wire jump badge

Has anybody posted any bullion examples? I would like to see more.

Comment

Thanks for the link to your significant site Mark, and for showing the bullion German para badge. Originals of these are very rare and yours is in superior condition! Any history on it? Willi has one he can share with you which is illustrated in Tom's great book on para badges.

Would advise on not using the Kurtz book as a guide to original bullion para badges!

Great subdued wreath para badge Jody!
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

re: bullion para badge

Sorry there is no history on this badge and I'm even sorrier to say
                                I do not own it. It is in the 'Sycamore Collection' in NY. I suspect that
                                Willi Z. has seen it, but the owner prefers to remain anonymous.
                                I'm still hoping my 502 PIR vet friend will find his missing box, which
                                contains one of these, as well as a bullion Adolf Hitler cuffband and
                                half a dozen dogtags for Panzer Rgt 100, from Normandy. The vet had
                                the box next to his phone in 1989 and described the contents to me.
                                Soon after that, he moved to a retirement village and has not seen the box
                                since. Hopefully, it is buried among other boxes and was not stolen by
                                the movers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X