This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

Im learning about these to get one some day.

I have not found this type here yet, does it mean it´s fake?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have not been keeping up with the latest fakes, and they appear to be improving.

That being said, I do not like your badge. The beak is very odd, I don't like the base wool, and the details on the reverse are not what I like to see. I have found that none of the repros feel right, regarding the softness of the wool.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I agree with Willi, I certainly cannot say it’s bad, but it is not a badge I would want in my collection.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

subdued wreath

Here's one I got a few years ago, subdued wreath like on 3, 52 and 67 before, good looking eagle head shape on it, seems to have been taken from a tunic as it has an ink leak stain ...
          Attached Files

Comment

in an insignia setting...
            Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for the feedback Willi and John. I will wait for the more convincing one.

Comment

My other one, a bit nipped but of a nice design, with a nice silvery wreath...
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, I have been for many years a British Airborne collector predominantly and now diversifying and exploring German airborne troops. Looking for any guidance or help on identifying features of the officer version of the parachute qualification award in bullion. I am slowly working my way through the 300+ posts on this forum, which are incredibly useful and have already been through 18 threads on cloth awards alone. In addition have a few reference books at home that I am studying, such as the Karl Veltze series of books on FJ generally and many others. When it comes to the FJ officer bullion award, I am struggling to find too many common denominators and it seems to me that the common characteristic of originals is that they are all quite different in terms of the overall look of them, as in there seems to be quite a lot of variance in style of execution.
                  I have never handled a verified genuine badge in person so finding it tricky to get some kind of benchmarks and references. I post here one example I do have, however as I have seen others like this (although the tip of the wing on similar types sits outside of the wreath and breaks up the form of the oval) not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
                  What I can notice is that the reverse of the badge has some form of 'cheese cloth' layer, I can see some breaks in the backing that indicate some variance in color threads underneath, but cannot tell if the 5 (correct me if I am wrong) that you would normally see are there or not. In profile the badge does not seem to be as thick as I have seen on a few original versions where a similar profile image is available.
                  Would appreciate any thoughts or further insights that anyone can supply me with to verify what this badge is and that may help me track down and identify an original one!

Thanks,

Paul
                  Attached Files

Comment

Post #109 looks almost identical to this badge in IMO. I think it's a good looking badge but let others comment too.

Comment

Yes, it does look like the same style of badge as the one in #109. That is a positive sign.

That demonstrates the difficulty with these. There are some here which others like, but I am not fond of.

While this example gives me pause, perhaps it is ok. Certainly most agree on the style considered by many to be "textbook". Others are a leap of faith, while others have a good chance. The fakers have certainly taken advantage of this cautious approach.

Perhaps we should post era photos of bullion badges being worn.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here's mine , cut off the tunic as were most of the badges I was given by my old mate Jimmy , God rest his soul . He also had the habit of attaching them to the backing board of the frames he displayed them in with glue !!! the back of this one got away lightly . I'll send a pic
                        Attached Files

Comment

the back
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice badge PAK.
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

This is a uniform removed I have in my collection
                              Attached Files

Comment

Also another one uniform removed
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X