Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already priced over the cost of such a fake. Oh boy....

I can't tell you how many "collectors" approach me at shows with photos of such fakes. Makes you realize how few know what they are doing, and how many don't.

Heck, at a show last month someone brought in a blue jump smock made like a 3rd model....
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

https://www.ebay.de/itm/M36-Fallschi...EAAOSwOWted5o0

Run away

Comment

SELTEN!!!!......indeed.

Nice copy of a M36. Ends in 6 hrs.....
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
          SELTEN!!!!......indeed.

Nice copy of a M36. Ends in 6 hrs.....
          Attached Files
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I sent him a PM

"Be so kind to write that this is a repro/fake shell.
            Blots are wrong, shape is wrong and the folded rim is also wrong.

This is just a modified repro helmet.

Greetings Andre
            "

His reply:
            "It all stands clearly in my description.

I wrote that its made for collectors!
            "

Cleary stated , my ass

At auction, I am bringing a very nice M36 bell for an M36 paratrooper helmet for army paratroopers. The helmet bell is painted in the early apple green color. Such helmets were later equipped with the inner lining and chin strap for the M38 paratrooper helmet. All screws and nuts are present. Lining and straps are easy to add. Inside the calotte is stamped with ET 71 and 96. An original item, if at all, is not available for less than several 10,000 euros on the collector's market. Very detailed and beautiful collector's item!

Comment

to be fair, he writes clearly that this is a reproduction for collectors. So no problem here.

Bye
              Frank

Comment

Very artisitc helmet fakery

This faker went to very artistic lengths to pose his piece of crap in a rustic "barn-find" setting! The photo of the helmet "in situ" deserves some kind of nature photography prize.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Fallschirmja...IAAOSw69defzu2

Comment

The sad thing is there are already 19 bids on it.

Comment

Pure criminality

Comment

It will probably get blessed on other forums (Facebook is a disaster). And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I can testify to the fact that most folks who talk to me at small shows and want to show me their FJ helmet(s), end up showing me a fake, or two or three. And then want to argue...

At a larger 800 table show last month someone excitedly presented me his blue 3rd model FJ smock.

We just had a WAF member, on the recent thread on the helmets with light camo, post that he was of the opinion that they could be fake camos. Most did not see that post as I quickly deleted it.

Trust me, there is a "thin blue line" out there in this hobby.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I caught that post Willi, quite a long one about " stepping on toes" yes I presumed you didn't like where it was going and took pre emptive action !

Comment

Pictures from the Ebay link.
                          Attached Files
                          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

2 more pictures of this treasure. Maybe move this thread up to the ebay FJ helmet authentication thread
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another beauty
                              When it was placed for sale, there was also a buy-it-now option at a very low price for an original

Comment

C´mon the guy has 100% trustworthyness on Ebay and his name `Schnuffel´ (kids sleeping soft toy) shows his competence in military history (probably a kindergarden teacher)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X