This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpmil View Post
    Not sure if you took the time to read the whole thread. Ebay auction CANCELLED. Should I ask for forgiveness guys, repent and chuck in a few hail Mary's. LOL. Have a great weekend to all and again, thank you all for your input. Take care, Mark.
    Doesn't look like "CANCELLED" to me - and since you asked, just be honest then you won't have to repent later.
    Attached Files

Comment

What satisfaction for you guys to catch one of these eBay Fj frauders in the act!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly w View Post
        what satisfaction for you guys to catch one of these ebay fj frauders in the act!
        +1!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
          What satisfaction for you guys to catch one of these eBay Fj frauders in the act!
          Too true, eh?

Comment

In my quest for a late war CKL M38 (only one I can afford) I found this one. Issues with liner band, liner and straps, I know...

What about the shell? Is this what one would call a mid-aligned rim?

Just trying to learn here, I’ve referenced a bunch of pictures on this site and want to see if my conclusions are correct.

Appreciate the help!

Here’s the link. Priced too high I think as well.

http://helmetsofwar.com/2017/12/late...rooper-helmet/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The liner and chinstrap are indeed fake. Worth less than half the asking price. You can now find completely original helmets sell for that price. Over the weekend at a show I saw a stone mint late FJ helmet sell for $4k.

I wouldn't use that website to learn about FJ helmets. The shell is original and I would just call it a "late shell".
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Really appreciate your comments!

I should have clarified my comment; I’ve been using this site for referencing.

Regarding this shell, I was concerned that rolled rim was too long on the inside, if that makes sense. It does, however, look like it has the machinery mark from making the rim. Regardless, I’ll keep my eyes out for a better example.

Seeing how these have become affordable (to me) I’m really keen on picking one up. Any advise on that or a point in the right direction would be great.

Thanks again, All.
                -Peter

Comment

Here’s one that just sold on eBay for over $5K. I’m no helmet expert,so I ask , is this helmet real? Photos are screenshots from my watch list.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Saw this one too. I wonder? Seller had “returns accepted” in the title if I recall.

Comment

It's a fake that's been aged.

Comment

Woof. Best of luck to that buyer. Hope they realize the mistake they’ve made.

Comment

While the camo is bad for sure, I am pretty sure the liner assembly is original. Not sure about the shell, but it might be ok. There is still some value in the helmet, so not a total loss.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Another ebay helmet

Thoughts on this one please
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kradman View Post
                              Thoughts on this one please
                              Total crap

Comment

Thank you this one for sell on French ebay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X