This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOTZVONB View Post
    I have added a scan to show a soldbuch with a einsatz leave entry. Does this mean that this soldier (in Rgt. HG) was granted normal leave from his field unit, and has nothing to do with any combat related action that earned him a special leave? I read the einsatz leave translation on this thread, but I just want to make sure of it's meaning, so any help is very appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards,

Tom
    Einsatzurlaub is leave (usually two weeks duration) after prolonged combat duty.

Comment

Interesting topic, I have found another one. Urlaub wahrend der Lazarettbehandlung.
      This man has spent almost a year and a half in the Reserve Lazarett Titisee, from April 43 till September 44.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by V1Oliver; 01-29-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

This reads Sonderurlaub zur Wiederherstellung der vollem Dienstfähigkeit. This man has been in hospital since February 1943 and got this leave shortly after he got discharged from hospital. I am confused, firstly I would assume that this means that while in hospital or when he went back to his unit, one concluded that he needed retraining. But if I look at other pages I see that he was issued his first rifle on 7 June, the day before this leave. So this leads me to think that he was never properly trained in the first place and the hospital stay may be irrelevant?
        I would be interested in seeing similar leave entries.
        Attached Files

Comment

What kind of Urlaub is this one?
          Looks somehow related to the year 1942.
          I read something like "Herbstende", but does it make a sense?
          Attached Files

Comment

Herbsternte = Autumn Harvest.

So yes that makes complete sense, also when one looks at the date of his furlough

Comment

Great, thanks a lot

Comment

Anyone any ideas what this leave could be?

/Ian
                Attached Files
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

It has been suggested and it does look like it, however never heard of it?!!??

Gipsurlaub - Gypsum (plaster) leave

He was in hospital recovering from grenade splinter wounds and a fracture collar bone.

/Ian
                  Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Gibsurlaub is what I read as well.

shoulder-cast leave

Comment

Hello guys,
                      i want to show you one specially "Urlaub Entry" from my collection. A "Sonderurlaub" beacaus of "bomb victim " in Nürnberg(25.10.1944)

Comment

and another Sonderurlaub "Abstellen zum Feldheer" it means "turn to a active Soldier "

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                          What kind of Urlaub is this one?
                          Looks somehow related to the year 1942.
                          I read something like "Herbstende", but does it make a sense?
                          Herbsternte = Harvesting in autumn

Comment

Two Leave examples to a soldier - Fronturlaub in late October 1942 followed by Einsatzurlaub in March 1943. This particular soldier was evacuated out of the Stalingrad Pocket in mid-January 1943.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A related publication released this year...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post7517751

Comment

Add this one to the unique Urlab entries, unfortunately still trying to decode it with very little luck.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Beattie-B; 02-24-2017, 11:48 PM. Reason: no need for second picture

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X