This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal results

Because he made payments through "Friends or family" and not as a buyer there is no protection for anyone receiving payments this way.

So bottom line if if you don't know the person only take payments through the Buyer portion of Paypal and if the buyer takes the payment back you will get your money back from paypal.

Comment

This guy scammed us for $12,000.00 over a 2 month period, starting in late February. He convinced PayPal through his credit card company or bank, to recall all of the transactions and return every cent of his money.

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
        Because he made payments through "Friends or family" and not as a buyer there is no protection for anyone receiving payments this way.
        No, he did not pay me with Friends or Family option.
        He used another option called "uitgestelde bankbetaling" in Dutch, which would translate to "deferred bank payment" in English, I however don't know if this is the correct translation PayPal uses.

I've attached a printscreen of the transaction mail PayPal provides. (black-out my personal information and part of transactionnumbers)

It is in Dutch, but the translation is this:
        It usually takes 3-5 business days before a deferred bank payment is settled.

Important: Please send items only if we have informed you that this payment has been completed. You can check the status at any time by signing in to your PayPal account.

Buyer: Michelle Troutt

As you can read PayPal refers to a "Buyer" (NOT A FRIEND/FAMILY) and provides information that you should not ship before the payment is completed!
        A customer can use this payment method directly in a webshop unless the PayPal account's settings are adjusted to block this kind of payments automatically as I've now done with my account, in my opinion this method of payments shouldn't be allowed at all by PayPal because it provides the easy possibility for scammers to fraud someone.

Regards Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

Maybe same person?

I almost got scammed a few months ago ,maybe the same person, they had a US address with also a female's email address that is probably fraudulent. My webhosting software picked it up and notified me to check the order more closely. This individual also was using the e check or 3-5 day deposit to my account strategy. When I cancelled the order he emailed me he was going to question my integrity on the net?? What a dick.
          anyway here is the name of the person Evgeniy and the email is
          EllenLouiseBlair@mail.com.

I did not add his last name just in case it is not the same person
          If it turns out to be will gladly give the last name also.
          Cheers
          Steve

Comment

Thanks for posting Jim and Steve .

Douglas

Comment

Hello Gents ,

Whit me too comunicate here on WAF member : '' hlee '' , but we hawe do not make a deal , Mods please Check this account .

Kind Regards
              Laxymil

Originally posted by Varsity View Post
              I just found this thread.

He bought in my webshop 5 times during the month March for a total value of 5500 euro.

It's a very long story. But I got all my stuff back, I really had to hang on the phone for hours calling with postal services, but due to my effort all 5 shipments were stopped in time before reaching Russia and yesterday I received my last 3 shipments back home, after 6 weeks I got my last items back home, everything has been intercepted by various postal services in the USA, Ukraine, Russia and Germany.

I didn't notice the scam at first since he used an USA based shipping address from a company who handles shipments for Eastern Europe and ship them to Russia and take care of the customs troubles. I ship to the USA almost daily and had not checked the address and it looked all okay, the payments were made by US PayPal accounts so it looked legit. The Dutch PayPal mails suggested that you can ship goods after the payment has been processed, so I told PayPal why they talk about shipping goods in those mails as there is no protection. I was not aware of the possibility to use direct bank payments through paypal and did not know these could be claimed back by a bank for fraud without any protection of PayPal. They told me those mails were standard and they couldn't help me with the scam and it was my own fault, I should have blocked these payments in my account. So I've now blocked all PayPal bank payments and/or gift payments for any future orders.

One payment was allready claimed back for fraud by PayPal one day after I had shipped the 5th parcel to him, so I went looking online and found Jamie Cross who was scammed for thousands as well. So I started to contact the postal services and the company who shipped the parcels, two parcels were still in transit from PostNl/USPS and were returned by USPS before being delivered, one however went wrong and was shipped through about 10 states in the USA from New York to Florida and then on to Switzerland but after 4 weeks arrived back at my door. The first 3 shipments were allready shipped from the USA to Russia (through Ukraine) and were intercepted somwhere on route and send to Germany (Berlin) and arrived back at my door yesterday, after having been 6 weeks in transit.

The name he registered his postal locker in the USA on however was not Alexander Popov, it was registered to Nikolay Perevozchikov as mentioned earlier in this thread. So that might be his real name>?

He communicates with this email address: hlee71037@gmail.com

Payments were made by these addresses
              maureen.burke@iname.com
              troutt@dr.com

I'm glad I got all my stuff back, but it's sad to read so many forum members have allready been scammed by this crook. I wonder how many outside WAF have been scammed or won't tell.

Regards, Jim

Comment

Hí skalp

you know that what is the nickname here the on site ?????

Originally posted by skalphunter View Post
                The worst is that this bastard Alexander Popov alias Hlee is still active in the forum. He should have been banned a long time ago. This piece of sh..t still have the chance to scam other members.
                skalp

Comment

He was just reading this thread.

Comment

This appalling situation reminds me of the scam many of us got caught up in with a Canadian several years ago. We got nowhere until we got the Canadian police involved and many had little hope since this was an international situation of ever getting our money back.
                    Through perseverance the Canadian Police caught up with this guy and it was either restitution or he was going to jail.
                    I don't know what luck you'll have with the Russian authorities but I'd recommend you at least give it a try. And once Paypal realizes that a crime(s) has been committed I believe they will cooperate with the authorities. Additionally the powers to be here should provide any and all information they can glean from his correspondence to you.
                    I wish all of you good luck in getting restitution and please keep us informed.
                    jim

Comment

so complex the way he committed, i am disable to learn, and i don't wanna learn it!
                      anybody's behavior is conducting in the representative of his country in the international businesses, we shouldn't black his own country !

Comment

Losses from POS Scammers

Originally posted by beuwulf View Post
                        As Douglas said,Jim & Sanya are no fools...I feel sorry for your losses guys
                        Amen Fellas! I've lost a little here and there but, nothing like you guys have . Wow! I Love this Hobby, I really do but,I have never had something to be so Rewarding and to piss me off to the point of Rage at the same time as this Hobby.I look at it like we are preserving History and If the wife and Daughters don't want my stuff after I'm gone it will be a nice windfall for them. That's why I teach them all I can about the Value and the Rarity of what I own so they won't get Screwed if they ever decide to sell anything after I'm gone. All the Best to all of you, Fellow Collectors, Butch

Comment

I also lost money and buckle ss because of this condom, I wrote to the paypal several times and sent them a postal receipt and showed on the Russian post website that he received the goods, but they just sent me very far with my problem ... So I asked my friends from Russia about him, but no one knows him.
                          I do not know how many members we have at the forum but I think many thousands and maybe there is a good lawyer who is ready to open this issue again with a paypal, I think we are ready even to pay for his services
                          reagrds
                          Sergey
                          PS Jim,I very happy that you not lost money and return all your items

Comment

​HI
                            I not found such nickname that "Hlee" here on the site
                            Originally posted by Varsity View Post
                            He was just reading this thread.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er.php?u=95284

Comment

So guys i am still working on that case. I have now the original receipt when the scumback picked up my stuff. Looks like there is a passport number on it. I translated partially myself but would appreciate if some of our russian friends here in the forum help out on this.
                                I am glad for the sellers here who got back their money from paypal but here it is not possible. Probably paypal works a little different in the US then here or you have a special scamprotection deal with them.
                                skalp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X