Juncker variations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker variations?

I have been very intressted and keen collecting Junckers. So I have been wondering on how many different variations are there, and how do I recon the variations from one other?

Thank you!

You had to pick this manufacturer ... the one that is the most involved maker there is . Research is still ongoing .... so depending on how far back you want to go and include WW1 type -and carry over frames etc .. you might be looking at 6 to 8 frames and a dozen cores even ?
    Here is a start - just to give you an idea what you could be looking at .

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=396436

Douglas

Comment

Thank you Douglas, I knew it was complicated with all the variations from all the year models but I did not know it was made as a 1870 model also. What about the world war 2 versions? I have heard about a long flaw and a three flaw and others something like that. What exactly are those and what about the cores? I have only one Juncker myself and it is in a poor condition, the Wideframe Schinkel with unmagnetic core from 1939. I have been looking for more Junckers but only found that one and I am curious on what models and variations I am looking for and if I could get them anywhere. Yet I have not been successful in buying or trading one for me.

Greetings from Finland, Daniel.

Comment

Hí Daniel
        here are the EK2 types

2 - C.E. Juncker

-WFS frame
        -crunch-bead frame 3Flaw (non-mag. WFS core)
        -crunch bead frame (mag., Juncker core) aka "full Juncker"
        -long flaw frame (mag., "small RK" core) long flaw runs down the 7 o'clock arm beading strand
        -long flaw frame (mag., "small RK" core) long flaw runs down the 7 o'clock arm beading strand mm "Z"
        -crunch bead frame (mag., W&L core)
        -crunch bead frame (mag., L/12 marked)
        -common L/12 type frame (mag marked L/12)
        -small frame ( dimensions about 43,5x43,5mm mag )

Comment

Thank you Sanya! You own many crosses and have a great collection, so do you own any of these types? Becayse I would love reference pictures if possible!

Comment

Hí Daniel
            Unfortunately for me yet missing two type ,the crunch bead frame (mag., L/12 marked) , small frame ( dimensions about 43,5x43,5mm mag )but the other have

Unfortunately now I'm not at home ,but of course I will put up on the side if I will arrive

Comment

Thank you Sanya, looking forward to see the ones you have!

Comment

Hi Daniel :
                As I see Sanya has given you the last set-up list that gives you a general break down of some frames and cores and with these some associated variants we know so far .
                Amendments to this list are in the works as the study is still evolving . There are minor errors and omissions in this list . I have specificly been working on the 3 flaw frame and cores types and variants .
                Something like 7 years ago no break down or list even existed .... possible and probably was all you got when some one ask - Is this a Juncker? -.
                To get a proper and an 'understandable' better picture of Juncker and Juncker products one had to step back and do a historic timeline all the way back to 1870s
                ... which as you have seen in the link that Trevor had done superbly .

As to the number of cores used in the 3 flaw frames I have identified 7 ( including long flaw that makes 9 cores) so far with 3 core and 3 frame variations .
                I am getting close to finishing the 'restructured ' chart and it will be posted soon with some new data and connections . It took a lot of time to own most of these samples I will be posting - but no
                ..... I do not own all of them ... maybe 80% ... it gets expensive .

A question you will ask is : 'Why so many types/variations ? ' Events described in the Deschler Book show at the start in 39 that a small group were asked to make a 'revised' Iron Cross design
                as to where it seams Juncker did a large portion of the work . There were 3 cross development stages until the final version was approved .
                These and brought forward old dies account for the many types and variations for this maker .

Will we be able to answer all the Juncker questions ? .... probably not !

Regards, Douglas

Comment

Hi,
                  In an interview with Trevor we came to consensus on the classification of crosses EK2-1939 Juncker, presented it as follows:

1. WFS frame (Wide Frame Schinkel) + no magnetic so called: AWS core (more appropriate name: WFS-Juncker core)
                  2. WFS frame + magnetic so called: AWS core (more appropriate name: WFS-Juncker core)
                  3. crunch bead frame + no magnetic so called: AWS core (more appropriate name: WFS-Juncker core)
                  4. crunch bead frame + magnetic Juncker’s core with teardrop “9” (so called: Full Juncker)
                  5. crunch bead frame + W&L core – magnetic
                  6. crunch bead frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic L/12-core
                  7. common frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic L/12-core
                  8. common frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic Juncker’s core with teardrop “9”
                  9. common frame, unmarked + magnetic L/12-core
                  10. W&L cross, marked L/12 on ring
                  11. combined frame "crunch-bead + common" + magnetic L/12-core

Regards
                  Jarek

Comment

Wow! Simply stunning how much effort and work you have done to investigate the Juncker, I thank you very much for your kind help, and if possible provide some pictures of the different Junckers?

Once again a big thanks to you all!

Daniel.

Comment

I fully agree with Jarek's list with a few exceptions.

First, "WFS core" is not a "more appropriate" name for "AWS core." "AWS core" is totally, 100% wrong and should not be used in my opinion. The core has no discernible connection to AWS.

Second, I would eliminate no. 11, because a cross with one frame on the front and a different one on the back is an anomaly, not a variant.

So I'd say this is the list of Juncker variants:
                      1. WFS frame (Wide Frame Schinkel) + non magnetic WFS core
                      2. WFS frame + magnetic WFS core
                      3. crunch bead frame + non magnetic WFS core
                      4. crunch bead frame + magnetic Teardrop “9” core (so called: Full Juncker)
                      5. crunch bead frame + magnetic W&L core
                      7. common L/12 frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic L/12-core
                      8. common L/12 frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic Teardrop “9” core
                      9. common L/12 frame, unmarked + magnetic L/12-core
                      10. Full W&L cross (frame, core), marked L/12
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

PS: This list is EK2s only. EK1s are a different ballgame.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks a lot, is it okay if I might ask about the first classes also? I am very happy to hear that the big collectors have used their time to explain me a little more about these beauties.

You have done a great favor for me, thanks to all!

Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                            I fully agree with Jarek's list with a few exceptions.

First, "WFS core" is not a "more appropriate" name for "AWS core." "AWS core" is totally, 100% wrong and should not be used in my opinion. The core has no discernible connection to AWS.

[/LIST]
                            I fully agree too with Trevor but I know that many collectors "out of habit" uses the name "AWS" (which is why I wrote "so called"), and even a lot of time will pass before turns to the name of the WFS-core

Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                              Hi,
                              In an interview with Trevor we came to consensus on the classification of crosses EK2-1939 Juncker, presented it as follows:

1. WFS frame (Wide Frame Schinkel) + no magnetic so called: AWS core (more appropriate name: WFS-Juncker core)
                              2. WFS frame + magnetic so called: AWS core (more appropriate name: WFS-Juncker core)
                              3. crunch bead frame + no magnetic so called: AWS core (more appropriate name: WFS-Juncker core)
                              4. crunch bead frame + magnetic Juncker’s core with teardrop “9” (so called: Full Juncker)
                              5. crunch bead frame + W&L core – magnetic
                              7. common frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic L/12-core
                              8. common frame, marked L/12 on frame + magnetic Juncker’s core with teardrop “9”
                              9. common frame, unmarked + magnetic L/12-core 7
                              10. W&L cross, marked L/12 on ring
                              11. combined frame "crunch-bead + common" + magnetic L/12-core
                              Regards
                              Jarek
                              As presented in the quoted text, would someone please post a representitive image of any cross described in lines number 6, 7, or 8? I am interested in seeing the hallmark.

Also, thank you Jarek & Trevor for your work in memorializing this baseline information. Your posts are great (and greatly appreciated) "teaching moments."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X