Klein & Quenzer A.G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Are we seeing any die progression in any of these photos? I haven't yet. They all look 'identical'.

Comment

They look very close to me too, I don't see any progression.
        Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Here is another cross from the forum with all the flaws (you need to blow it up)
          Attached Files

Comment

As a novice...I don't see any concerns but as Dietrich has already suggested we need to have a good close 'look see' at Harry's '57....to my eyes it looks a bit worn out and flat compared to the razor sharp images we have seen thus far....
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Dave- Novice?

It seems as though all these crosses have the same flaws and have weights that are not out of the ballpark. Perhaps we could get some better details of Harry's "57 K&Q.

What do you make of all this so far, Dave?

Comment

Tom...I love 'em! All ads up but I must insist that I have never owned nor studied these crosses so I'm here to learn....

I like what I've seen so far
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Wow.. My K&Q knowledge has takes gigantic leaps with reading this thread. Awesome pictures!
                  Antti

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                    Wow.. My K&Q knowledge has takes gigantic leaps with reading this thread. Awesome pictures!
                    I hope it is worth it. It appears the listing of the photos from the other site and my circling the flaws has presumably resulted in my being banned from that site for copyright violations . BTW, any photo I have ever posted anywhere can be used by anyone who wants to use them. I really think that such policies are contrary to the spirit of collecting and we must share information, rather than restrict it, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Tom,
                      We still love you ! And you can use my photos any time. That is why I post them!!!
                      Marc

Comment

BAnned????

Why would any collector be banned for using photos in the search for answers in this area of collecting? I am continually amazed at the in-fighting amoung members of various sites of this collecting community. What we need is to further any intelligent research, whoever is trying to accomplish it.
                        He who seeks to teach must never cease to learn. We ALL will profit from this discord.
                        Ron Weinand
                        Weinand Militaria

Comment

I can't see where the pictures came from, but let's stay the course and on topic here please.

So what do we have, then;

All of our K&Qers have the same die fingerprints, so they are all from the same die. Even if the dies survived the war, would you be able to reproduce the almost microscopic fingerprints considering the materials and procedure would not be exactly the same?

At this point I would summit that we need to look for explanations to the 1957 RK, of which I have only seen one and I had never heard of before Harry’s (understand of course my saying that doesn’t encompass my relatively limited direct experience, but the questioning of others on this makers through the years of this forum). This is an important point, because the scarcity would point to the usage of left over parts and not to the production of a new series. This is all circumstantial, of course, but after we took the very positive step of establishing that all of our RKs came from the same die, there is little other hard evidence to go on and what we have left is our intellect and common sense. After you establish that the cross fits war time production pieces, there's not much else to do..... but then again if we take the aproach of a skeptic, we might as well all pack up and leave the hobby all together.
                          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

"BTW, any photo I have ever posted anywhere can be used by anyone who wants to use them."

Ditto for me.
                            George

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Tom. There are and always will be some morons.
                              Antti

Comment

I'm banned, too and I don't even know why?

Dietrich
                                Last edited by Dietrich; 12-17-2004, 11:39 AM.
                                B&D PUBLISHING
                                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X