Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Dave,
      I am here too, but don't forget the time difference
      Marc

Comment

Marc...turn on the bloody light!!!

I saw something that I haven't in 40 years of playing with these things...amazing really
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Dave,
          Wake up and check your PM...

Comment

Well these are certainly a few very nice...............oops, sorry. I just fell out of my chair at the computer looking at these stunning beauties! Anyway, I will be interested to follow your journey of discovery on this issue. I love the ol' 65's. Unfortunantly, I do not have one now. Had an EK1 that had to go for other things. Thanks Seba, for starting this thread.

One question that I have about the quantity of late war K&Q's? Is it possible that someone at the firm knew someone in the RZM or other orginization that allowed them to get the then scarce materials for these high awards? I mean, come on, we all know that this is how business is operated these days. You know someone in the government that gives you a good deal on hard to get metals, contracts, and so forth. Germany was pretty much depleted of it's industry by the end of the war so wouldn't this be a valid hypothesis? If someone at the firm either knew, or bought, someone's favor in the govenment then wouldn't it stand to reason that we see so many of these K&Q's coming out late in the war? Nepotism maybe? I don't know, just throwing my worthless 2 cents in here.
            Brian Dentino
            Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

Back to you! But for now...just show a pic and let's not discuss it unless it is such a common trait......
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Brian any observation is worth better than 2 cents....especially considering the Euro!!!

However, just think about the scenario of S&L has a cracked die, Juncker is out of business and K&Q is just chomping at the bit for some work....
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Weight: 30.2g

49x49mm (tough call, maybe 48.9x49 - really close on Scala calipers)

width: 4.6mm

Marc

Comment

Twins

Just for fun:

Comment

Damn you Marc!!!

I want it back!!! TONIGHT!!!

Comment

Dave,

Here is some pics of the eye/loop rig-up on my two '39ers and my one '57er K&Q RK. But which is the '57er???????

No.1
                        Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

No 2.........

Comment

No.3........

Comment

The ensemble........

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                                Dave,

Here is some pics of the eye/loop rig-up on my two '39ers and my one '57er K&Q RK. But which is the '57er???????

No.1
                                And the plot thickens...

If the same die used on both crosses did the die develop any flaws from 39 to 57?

And are those flaws if they exist on any 39's that perhaps shouldn't be there?

And, would everyone agree they shouldn't be there on 39's or would we be back to the chicken and egg question all over again just as we were on the SL's? The first in first out stock theory... Multiple dies... Etc...

The discovery of flaws would at least put a mark in the sand for folks to buy crosses that they are completely comfortable with or others that have split opinions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 126 users online. 0 members and 126 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X