No announcement yet.

Spanish Cross - Unknown Maker(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems this is the same type (according to this thread) but in real silver, and that it is accepted as a good one.

Has a maker ever been suggested for this one marked 900?
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Pics really define this. Now are these all the same crosses? And doesn't "accepted as a good one" make you just a wee pit nervous? Just to play the jerk... Aren't there a few EK's that could be accepted as good ones except there are various points that drive all those to one faker?

I wish Detlev were still around to tell us if he'd be able to pull up a couple of groupings that had this cross.

I know some people make comments like "well it's real silver so..." You could buy a couple of Morgan silver dollars that are worn and essentially worth only the price of silver so that's jut not a good benchmark. Not when you consider what the SK in silver is worth. CEJ Silvers are minimum $2 grand.

I think we know "what" constitutes the "UNKNOWN Spanien Kruez", now, how do we attribute it to a couple of veteran groupings?
      Last edited by Brian S; 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacques View Post
        Same one in silver , stamped 900.

I guess these crosses were early manufactured, and I think awarded with the first ones in 1939. Not so many firms were concerned by this first production. Juncker, Meybauer, Deumer, Godet.
        I tend to think, even if I've yet absolutly no proof, that these crosses were produced by Godet. It is just a supposition, don't brandish shilds and swords.
        jacques
        Frosting on this one looks perfect... Trrevor have you seen EK repros with quality of frosting?
        Attached Files

Comment

somebody stated these were fakes from the 70's in a different thread, now I'm sweating!
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
            somebody stated these were fakes from the 70's in a different thread, now I'm sweating!
            Conjecture... Very curious if Trevor has seen the quality of workmanship/finishing on fake EK's as on the silver Jacques posted.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              In my opinion Gebr. Godet's most famous awards, such as the German Eagle Order series, all the Red Cross decorations, and the Iron Cross series including Knight's Crosses and all oakleaves, were made by CF Zimmermann, but sold by (and later marked for) Godet. At some point Gebr. Godet sourced their EKs from BH Mayer and also had them marked L/50.

Gebr. Godet's DKiG and DKiS were also made by someone else in my opinion, but marked for Godet.

I'm not 100% sure Gebr. Godet made any of their own high awards.
              Hi Trevor,
              how do you you backup this statement that Gebrüder Godet did not produce the awards which are labeld 21 / L/50?

I ask because i have some doubst about this based on documents by the German Bundesarchiv.

It would be very nice if you could tell me more or point me to a thread with some more background informations.
              Last edited by Andreas Klein; 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM.
              Best regards, Andreas

______
              The Wound Badge of 1939
              www.vwa1939.com
              The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
              www.ek1939.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Klein View Post
                Hi Trevor, It would be very nice if you could tell me more or point me to a thread with some more background informations.
                Hi Andreas,

I will be very happy to but I need a little time when I'm not at work. Here I can write only quick replies.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Klein View Post
                  Hi Trevor,
                  how do you you backup this statement that Gebrüder Godet did not produce the awards which are labeld 21 / L/50?

It would be very nice if you could tell me more or point me to a thread with some more background informations.
                  If we do that here we derail the discussion...

Comment

Yes, and thanks Brian S. Best to have that other Godet discussion usefully continue in a new thread....same as you suggested with this one when I posted in your "Spanish Cross Juncker L/12" thread.

I - and others I am sure - appreciate all of the feedback here regarding the Spain Cross "unknown maker(s)" and look forward to additional feedback and input from all who can make a contribution to that topic.

Comment

I'll post the Godet stuff in another thread some time tomorrow, no problem.

By the way, no one has commented on Scott's post, which shows this cross with what appears to be a totally legit L55 mark for W&L. Also the pin on this cross is typical W&L.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

I'll post the Godet stuff in another thread some time tomorrow, no problem.

By the way, no one has commented on Scott's post, which shows this cross with what appears to be a totally legit L55 mark for W&L. Also the pin on this cross is typical W&L.
                        Thoughts?
                        Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                        Here's a similar German-Spanish Cross marked L55 - spuriously I assume.
                        Photos were terrible... Would love to see the maker mark. If NOT spurious it might be the Rosetta stone to this cross. So please add more clear shots. On the OTHER side of that coin, this cross with various spurious marks, not such a good sign!

I've done everything I can with that photo to enhance the MM on Scott's cross. Even if not made by W&L if they sold it wartime, that's great!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian S; 05-03-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Here's one with diamonds:

Same type, right?
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                            Conjecture... Very curious if Trevor has seen the quality of workmanship/finishing on fake EK's as on the silver Jacques posted.
                            Hey Brian,

In my opinion, yes. I have seen that kind of excellent frosting and finish on a fake. However, not everyone else agrees with me that the cross I refer to is indeed a fake.

It's a long and somewhat complicated story, but you can brush up here if you have some free time.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Comment

In my opinion, yes. I have seen that kind of excellent frosting and finish on a fake.
                              Wow, what a beautiful fake. OK, frosting is not an indication of wartime manufacture, as I suspected

Comment

Here's one with diamonds:

Same type, right?
                                Isn't this always the description, "Wearer's copy"?

Nein, nope, never, nyet

This doesn't help the cause for this cross at all.

Trevor, the maker mark from above, can you definitively say it's right???
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X