• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found one more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
      I'll go out on a limb and say that I'm leaning towards the conclusion that this type is made by W&L.

• I think the pin on these crosses is vintage W&L;

Any other thoughts on this theory?
      An exact match expected to a W&L? Or similar? If exact we need now someone with an unknown and a W&L EK1 or other award if a pin match to measure and compare and prove it.

Comment

I still see two eagles. And, ONE L/55 in the entire published universe so far.

NOTE: L/55 marked on left, Unknown on right.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian S; 05-09-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
          An exact match expected to a W&L? Or similar?
          Yes, you're right, this is the big question...
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

It's really hard to compare eagles that are "close". You look at almost any cross and four of the eagles can have different striking and finishing. If it's not an obvious difference it's difficult until you get your photos just perfectly lined up. One of the other eagles on the silver unknown looks much more to me like the "similar" eagle of the unknown cross maker. But not to a "flaw" because it's fuzzy. But a match to the eye to me now on another eagle.

Be nice to see more than just one "L/55".
            Attached Files

Comment

The molecular structure is not quite right. Perhaps it was printed out in 3 D.
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

As pointed out earlier, some of the unknown maker eagles have a similar pattern of scratches on the reverse of one wing. Perhaps including a comparison of the backs of eagles may be helpful?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                  As pointed out earlier, some of the unknown maker eagles have a similar pattern of scratches on the reverse of one wing. Perhaps including a comparison of the backs of eagles may be helpful?
                  ...was talking about the comparison of the L55 which is a blurry photo. The back of that one is certainly not clear enough for that.

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                  The molecular structure is not quite right. Perhaps it was printed out in 3 D.
                  Eh?

Comment

unknown maker's

Why do all of these {unknown makers } have 3 legs cut out of the swastika??

The CEJ-900, the L/12 900, the Paul Meybauer with crest 900, the Paul Meybauer L/13. and the 835 all have only two legs cut out on the swastika's. I haven;t looked at a L/11 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post

Eh?
                      Brian...

It's a joke. A bit of levity.

Tony
                      An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by cej View Post
                        The CEJ-900, the L/12 900, the Paul Meybauer with crest 900, the Paul Meybauer L/13. and the 835 all have only two legs cut out on the swastika's. I haven;t looked at a L/11 yet.
                        It's always the last place you look, I suppose. Here is what Jacques (our resident SK expert) indicates is a "textbook" Deumer. Three cut out "legs" on the swastika.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                          It's always the last place you look, I suppose. Here is what Jacques (our resident SK expert) indicates is a "textbook" Deumer. Three cut out "legs" on the swastika.

Zimmerman cut out also. And also "unknowns"... It's safer to say it's not a Deumer if they are not cut out, but what do I know.
                          Last edited by Brian S; 05-09-2014, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                            Here is what Jacques (our resident SK expert) indicates is a "textbook" Deumer. Three cut out "legs" on the swastika.
                            Some do, and some don't. An 835 Deumer and L/11 Deumer:
                            Attached Files

Comment

One thing you can always count on, Leroy has an opinion. Not based on a bird in the hand unfortunately. Leroy step up to the plate a get a few of these TR trinkets and be an expert yourself.

Also Otto seems to have done some cutting on my silver example
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                                Some do, and some don't. An 835 Deumer and L/11 Deumer:
                                Oh oh, must not be a Deumer according to the man who quotes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X