• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the last a SS fake grouping?

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
      Is the last a SS fake grouping?
      No, what makes you think that, Frank? I've seen it many times before, specially on the books of Robin Lumdsen about SS militaria. As far as I know, that grouping belongs to him.

Opinions on the cross?

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post

Opinions on the cross?

Klein und Quenzer that fits to the award date and the photo.

Comment

Hi guys! I was told by Tom B. that Skorzeny got his wartime RK stolen by an American GI, in 1945. The cross shown at the funeral pillow is a replacement one, according to Tom.

While searching more here on WAF, I learned that his original cross made its way back to the US, and that the veteran later sold it. Now it's in the hands of Wolfe-Hardin, but I can't get a quality photo of it. Just this...

Anyone has any better image of Skorzeny's wartime KC?
          Hi ya Sepp, May I add that his KC is marked 800 & L/12 and the Oakleaves are the SiLBER L/50 type. Steve Wolfe has let me look them over on several occasions. And they did come from the GI vet who "borrowed" them from Skorzeny's surrendered items in 1945. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            And they did come from the GI vet who "borrowed" them from Skorzeny's surrendered items in 1945. Tom

Thanks Tom

Comment

Chen are you saying the Rommel documents are bad? Sorry if I missed your point but I would like to know more about this. Please fill me in on the details to his award docs are they good or well known fakes?

Sepp as always good work my friend.

Comment

RK with OL awarded to Hauptmann Walter Krupinski
                Flugzeugführer 6. / Jagdgeschwader 52
                Awarded the Ritterkreuz: October 29th, 1942

Staffelkapitän 7. / Jagdgeschwader 52
                Awarded the Oak Leaves: March 2nd, 1944

Not the best photo of Krupinski's RK.. but, like I say in these cases, it serves as a reference.

Source: http://www.military-art.com/mall/aces.php?PilotID=91
                A photocopy of Krupinski OL preliminary document and field notification.
                Attached Files

Comment

RK with OL awarded to Obersturmbannführer Otto Skorzeny
                  Kommandeur Sonderverband z.b.V. Friedenthal
                  Awarded the Ritterkreuz: September 13th 1943

Kommandeur SS-Jagdverbände und der Division Schwedt an der Oder
                  Awarded the Oak Leaves: April 14th 1945.
                  A rare view (in color) of the funeral pillow with Skorzeny's awards. Despite the fact we know that's not his wartime RK, I thought it would ok to share it here.

Regards,
                  Sepp.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkrieg gsd View Post
                    Chen are you saying the Rommel documents are bad? Sorry if I missed your point but I would like to know more about this.
                    The OLs documents that are "displayed" at Münster Museum are copies. The real ones are stored within the museum archives.

Here's more info: http://www.ritterkreuz.us/rommels-oakleaves-document/

I think that was Chen's point

Regards,
                    Sepp.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Been looking at iron crosses thanks for the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfenstein1943 View Post
                        Been looking at iron crosses thanks for the pics
                        Thank you for the kind words

Comment

RK awarded to Generalmajor Georg Benthack
                          Festungs-Division Kreta
                          Awarded the Ritterkreuz: May 22nd, 1945
                          I've been informed by AHF member Dieter Zinke, that the preliminary award document of Benthack is a fake one.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...8a570c8f85f246

It's always good to get rid of the fakes, so thanks

Regards,
                          Sepp.

Comment

Hi guys! new stuff to share and discuss: a friend from Russia sent me this morning a rare photo of what appears to be the KC of SS- Obersturmbannführer Otto Weidinger.

I apologize for the bad quality, but apparently this letter was sent to him, by Otto himself, and with an attached photo of his RK.

Question now: did Weidinger keep his wartime medals?

In 1945, he was imprisoned by the American military in the former Nazi concentration camp at Dachau, along with thousands of other SS men who were automatically considered to be war criminals by virtue of having served in the Waffen-SS, which was designated as a criminal organization by the Allies. In August 1947, he was transferred to French custody, where he remained a prisoner until June 1951.

Who got to speak with Mr. Weidinger before he died? Mark C. Yerger wrote a book about him, right?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mark C. Yerger and Otto Weidinger were very close friends. I will make Mark aware of this posting.

His authorized biography of "Otto" was published by Schiffer Military Books in 2000 and is worthy every penny (as all of Mark's books).

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                                Mark C. Yerger and Otto Weidinger were very close friends. I will make Mark aware of this posting.

His authorized biography of "Otto" was published by Schiffer Military Books in 2000 and is worthy every penny (as all of Mark's books).

Markus
                                Thanks Markus, I appreciate that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X