Knight Crosses today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
    Oberst von Boddien's Oak Leaves Formal award document.
    A simple zoom on the document.

(Photo credits to "German War Booty", by Thomas Johnson)
    Attached Files

Comment

Too bad I coudn't get a nicer quality photo of this RK, but still... it's a reference. That's Leutnant Friedrich Bausch, awarded the Ritterkreuz on March 12th, 1945 as Kompanieführer 3. / Fallschirmpionier-Bataillon 5.

The photo comes from the book "German Paratroops", by Robert Kurtz.

Regards,
      Sepp.
      Attached Files

Comment

Surprisingly, I forgot to add here the RK, OL and Swords formal documents of Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel. I only had his diamond mappe and the crosses, but was missing the other papers

(Photo credits to http://www.ritterkreuz.us/rommels-ritterkreuz-document/)
        Attached Files

Comment

Rommel's Oak Leaves formal award document.

(Photo credits http://www.ritterkreuz.us/rommels-oakleaves-document/)
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally, Rommel's Swords document.

(Photo credits to "Knight's Cross, Oak-Leaves and Swords Recipients 1941–45", by Osprey)

Regards,
            Sepp.
            Attached Files

Comment

Rommel vs. Rommel
              Attached Files

Comment

What a waste!
                Attached Files

Comment

RK preliminary award document to SS-Sturmbannführer Paul Maitla
                  Führer I./Waffen-GrenRgt 45 der SS (estn. Nr.1)
                  Presented on: August 23rd, 1944

Although its a bad image, this is a good reference to the document given to Paul Maitla (one of only 4 Estonians to be granted the KC).

The fate of Paul Maitla was uncertain for number of decades, until some information was discovered in 2005 in the city archives of the Czech town of Nymburk. These archives show that Maitla was arrested on May 9, 1945 and murdered together with 4 other Estonian soldiers on May 10 (on the first day of peace after World War II had ended) by Czech communists.
                  Attached Files

Comment

RK awarded to Unterscharführer Remi Schrijnen
                    Richt-Schütze im 3. Kompanie/SS-Freiwilligen-Sturmbrigade
                    Awarded the Ritterkreuz: September 21st, 1944
                    Better view and quality of Remi's awards.

(Photo credits: http://www.histomil.com/viewtopic.ph...3682&hilit=183)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Two more photos of RKT Remi and his nachlass

(Photo credits: http://www.histomil.com/viewtopic.ph...3682&hilit=183)

Regards,
                      Sepp.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the place that Herr Remy Schrijnen had won his RK. I took the picture in October 2012 during my digging trip to Narva with PaulE.

I have marked the spot where he singly knocked out 12 Soviet tanks with his PAK 75.

The location is: Next to Grenadier hill, in Narva during the battle of the Tannenberg line.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by don_kihotis7; 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM.
                        sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

RK preliminary award document to SS-Sturmbannführer Paul Maitla
                          Führer I./Waffen-GrenRgt 45 der SS (estn. Nr.1)
                          Presented on: August 23rd, 1944

Although its a bad image, this is a good reference to the document given to Paul Maitla (one of only 4 Estonians to be granted the KC).

The fate of Paul Maitla was uncertain for number of decades, until some information was discovered in 2005 in the city archives of the Czech town of Nymburk. These archives show that Maitla was arrested on May 9, 1945 and murdered together with 4 other Estonian soldiers on May 10 (on the first day of peace after World War II had ended) by Czech communists.
                          The story is correct. Here is a link of a very interesting documentary about the Battle of Narva and Paul Maitla.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qv23LluVZQ
                          It consists of 6 parts and by clicking ''CC'' you can choose your language for subtitles. I have tried English and the translation was quite ok.

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
                            Here is the place that Herr Remy Schrijnen had won his RK. I took the picture in October 2012 during my digging trip to Narva with PaulE.

I have marked the spot where he singly knocked out 12 Soviet tanks with his PAK 75.

The location is: Next to Grenadier hill, in Narva during the battle of the Tannenberg line.
                            Thanks for sharing that info Don

Any luck with the digging?

Comment

Not much but it was an awesome experience. I have a detailed thread in WRF. you can check it out here:
                              http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battle...tfront-225979/
                              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
                                Not much but it was an awesome experience. I have a detailed thread in WRF. you can check it out here:
                                http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battle...tfront-225979/
                                Cheers
                                Thanks again Don; Doing a trip like yours is a future priority on my list.

Regards,
                                Sepp.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X