No announcement yet.

Knight Crosses today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably only a few of the crosses shown were actually the crosses of the particular recipient noted. (I personally doubt - unless they had a set at home - that 2 in 10 recipients managed to keep their RK's). A very few shown are questionable as to whether they are even real.

Nevertheless, there are many very, very nice crosses shown here and they are a pleasure to see. What a great opportunity to study characteristics of paint, frosting and finish (for those who care about such things).

This is a great thread and Sepp45 should keep it up!

Comment

The Wittmann group is an extremely impressive group and Steve Wolfe gave me the permission to scan all the documents/photos of the photo album as well as the awards.
      The RK is a genuine K&Q and as one can see he was awarded a K&Q. The oaks and the Swords are also the real deal.
      Very nice grouping and thanks again to Steve Wolfe for allowing to document it since he knew this is to make it public one day so all collectors can see the pictures.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
        It's just personal opinion. The real "awesomeness" of the group are the documents and photos. I've flipped through Wolfe and Hardin's binder of these documents, and they are amazing. Photos of Hitler, signed by Hitler, of the Oakleaves, and the Swords (if memory serves) being awarded. Telegrams from Himmler. Original photos of Wittmann just minutes after battle (you can see a very confused and shell-shocked Wittmann).
        Hi Craig,
        If you are fascinated by such kind of documents and photos I'm sure you already preordered my
        book on 'Teddy' Wisch (Wittmann's superior co), right?! ;o)

Cheers,
        Markus

Comment

Ok, thanks to all comments! But we need photos!!

Let's go!

Rk awarded to Hauptmann Heinrich Wiese

It took me a hell of an investigation finding out who that was on the photo.

RK awarded to Mayor Gottfried Geissler
          The RK grouping of Geissler was separated a long time ago, and the members of Warrelics.eu put it together "virtually" speaking. We now have the photos.

Mayor Geissler

This is some tanks display of the RK owner.

Source: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...eichen-5104-2/

I wasn't planning on putting this photos here, but since we started posting Wittmann's awards, I will share with you some photos of the same exhibit in Louisville, Kentucky.

I'll return later.

Comment

10.000 views! Thanks a lot! This deserves another RK grouping.

RK awarded to Generalfeldmarschall Erhard Milch

This nice grouping was at the Wolfe display, in the SOS (Kentucky).

Source: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...very-day-6377/

Regards,
            Sepp

Comment

you're going to kill us. the photos are superb........................

Comment

Oh ..wow, I really love this tread...only problem is that I can't stop drooling

Comment

The really rare award is Milch's Luftschutz cross on a medal bar. I think I have only seen three other bars with it and good provenance

Comment

A really exciting and refreshing thread !

Good work Sepp, and many thanks for sharing. Please keep up with the eye candy !!!

Comment

Thank guys for the comments! I really appreciate them

Let's continue:

I'm taking a really wild guess here with this RK grouping, that was at the Wolfe exhibit, in Kentucky. I asked around in AHF, and a member told me it could possibly be the one of Fieldmarshall Keitel. If anyone knows some more of this RK, please let me know.

Another mistery for me is this RK, found at the archives of the Ghetto Fighter's House, in Israel. The Museum holds more than 300 items and archives of the Holocaust (mostly the fighters of the Polish Ghetto).
                      There I found this RK. The medals were found and gather during the revolt in 1944. Some other items were added later (such as the Volkksturm armband).

It came to my atention.. what if that's the RK of Oskar Dirlewanger? The SS war criminal that was killed by polish prisioners, in 1945. Maybe I'm just making crazy thoughts here, but the imagination runs free sometimes

Source: http://www.gfh.org.il/Eng/

RK with OL, Swords and Diamonds awarded to Oberst Werner Molders
                      A really old photo of the Ritterkreuz awarded to Werner Molders.

I'll come back later with the RK of Herbert Steinkopf (I'm missing the photo of him)

Regards!
                      Sepp

Comment

One note to the moderators: Photobucket.com (my hosting site) has temporarily blocked a few of my RK photos here becouse of bandwich usage (specially the ones at the beginning of the thread). Not much, just 20 pictures more or less. They'll be back online the 29th of this month, so I beg the moderators not to delete them, please.

Thanks!

Comment

What happened to Werner Molders medals?

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                            One note to the moderators: Photobucket.com (my hosting site) has temporarily blocked a few of my RK photos here becouse of bandwich usage (specially the ones at the beginning of the thread). Not much, just 20 pictures more or less. They'll be back online the 29th of this month, so I beg the moderators not to delete them, please.

Thanks!
                            Sepp,

you should be clear about the fact that sooner or later the pictures will all be gone due to either expiration or censorship at Photobucket. Thats is the general problem with this free method.

Dietrich
                            Last edited by Dietrich Maerz; 01-28-2012, 10:02 AM.
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                              Sepp,

you should be clear about the fact that sooner or later the pictures will all be gone die to either expiration or censorship at Photobucket. Thats is the general problem with this free method.

Dietrich
                              Yes, I know Dietrich, but I just wanted to say it, that's all . I also have another account on imageshack, for now.

Let's go on:

RK awarded to Hauptmann Herbert Steinkopf

RK awarded to Oberleutnant der Reserve Arthur Büseecke

Source: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=32714

RK awarded to Fieldmarshall Werner von Brauchitsch

Source: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=370554&page=3

I'll post some other things in a few minutes.
                              Last edited by Sepp45; 01-28-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Now, a little mix of pictures I found very interesting.

During the SOS display at Kentucky, we can see the OL, Swords and Diamonds of Galland, Graf and Golob.

And some zoom on Galland's RK with OL, Swords and Diamonds at the moment of his surrender, in 1945.

Source: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23476

We have also some really interesting photo of Herr Rudel's medals. I don't know much of the background of this, but I'm guessing it was taken by famous collector Bill Stump.

And finally, we already posted Otto Carius's RK, but here are some other photos, taken by "Forosegundaguerra.com" site member, TercioGranCapitan.

Regards,
                                Sepp
                                Last edited by Sepp45; 01-28-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X