MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERNATIONAL MEDAL COLLECTOR - Magazine for all !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
    Without any intention of starting something but there is a huge difference between a genuine and untouched Klessheim find and something that was given to someone in 1958, 13 years after the war.
    I won't start anything.

There is NO difference, to me, because I had the personal benefit of knowing the source.

Others, however, did not have that benefit, so they needed more.

Now they will have it.

Comment

Gentry,

I would never doubt the sincerity of your source or yourself. It is about the drive to get to some proof which is as believable as possible, based on circumstances, other facts and - yes- even stories. Something where people who don't know you (or anybody else with a 800-4) can also believe that it is right. A more "impersonal" proof.
      That there is no difference to you is quite clear and I also never doubted that.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I think that's what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
          Yes, Trevor, it is. And the people who always said they were good, and based their conclusions either on their own personal vet finds or their hard-earned knowledge of what a real RK should look like (or both) have been vindicated.

The problem in this hobby is that dishonest persons have cast such a huge shadow over what we collect that very few people know anymore what can be trusted and what can't. Dietrich, to his credit, is trying to create a foolproof "safety net" for collectors. This can be, however, extremely frustrating and sometimes very hurtful to the people who feel that their experience and knowledge is "parked to the side" while this process is taking place, or, worse, viciously assaulted by a chorus of cynics and "hangers-on" who, quite bluntly, don't know what they are talking about and who have never contributed anything of value to this hobby (and who never will). The saving grace for Dietrich is that he willing (although slowly and based on standards some people "choke on") to expand his views and keep looking. He is contributing and the "process' he personally follows is continuing.

There is no "rule" that says we all have to approach things the same way Dietrich does. It works for some and not for others. The only important thing is that, eventually, the truth emerges. And it will, so long as people are willing to fight for it and keep looking for it. It might be messy, it might be stressful and hard-fought, but so what?

Hello Leroy,

this is very interesting indeed and just shows the benefit of on-going debate plus further investigation.

so where does this leave us now in regard to the

- Type B unmarked "14 denter"

and

- Type B " excellent finish/ zinc center " like the one Bob Hritz has which was veteran brought back from the surrender at "Kitzingen" in 1945

Where does the timeline for the "800-4" end and these begin

Chris

Comment

Chris - To know the "for sure" answer to those questions, we would have to know, IMO, what the first newly-struck postwar RK from S&L looked like, and we don't. I say "newly-struck" specifically and intentionally, because everything else before that would have to have been assembled from parts which existed during the war. And if those parts existed during the war, why did they exist and to what use were they put? I have my opinions and Dietrich has his. I wish I knew the answers. I don't.
            Best,
            Leroy

Comment

Well said Leroy. I'm with you.

Comment

Signed up for the magazine there for a year.

I would also be interested in the binders if they became available.

Comment

Issue 4 has arrived from the printer and will be shipped out today and tomorrow.

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Issue 4 has arrived from the printer and will be shipped out today and tomorrow.

Dietrich
                    Excellent. I very much look forward to issue #4. Dietrich, this may be a crazy question, but how do we renew the subscription? I want to make sure that i renew it sooner than later so I do not miss any issues. Thanks. -Ger

Comment

We keep track of every customer (There aren't that many yet). The one's that would need to renew will find a renewal notice in issue No. 4.

Dietrich
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

We keep track of every customer (There aren't that many yet). The one's that would need to renew will find a renewal notice in issue No. 4.

Dietrich
                        Sounds great. Thanks again. -Ger

Comment

Received my copy of the latest edition today
                          FanTAStic!!!
                          the F&J Article!!!!!
                          Congrats!
                          Greg

Comment

Also received my copy today.

Wonderful article (first in a series) on the Spanish Cross!

Nice to see the 800-4, of course, as well as the dotted Zimmerman DK, come into their own. Now those who needed it have independent and objective verification to replace those vet bring-back "stories" they could not, or would not, accept.

This is the kind of magazine we need in this hobby and I hope everyone will subscribe and support this endeavor!

Comment

I, too, received my copy today, and very glad to see the articles on the F&J crosse + Spanish Crosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                                .......... as well as the dotted Zimmerman DK, come into their own. Now those who needed it have independent and objective verification to replace those vet bring-back "stories" they could not, or would not, accept.
                                Leroy I doubt this very much. They will go for the rest of their lives doing their utmost to prove otherwise.

However, the Wildlife Federation has made note in their studies that the population of crows has taken a hard hit in North America recently .....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X