Detlev L15 EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detlev is on this forum some times.
    Maybe we can ask him wy he believes this is an original .

Comment

I wonder why Detlev thinks it is an original.
      To me it is a fake as well, but I'm always willing to learn.

As a matter of fact this cross was on Carsten ( "Afrika") Stegemayr's site a while back, but not anymore.
      Same cross????

And yet another one here (MA 132) :
      http://www.militariasales.com/e107_p...ods.php?cat=25

Regards,
      Ben
      Last edited by ben bijker; 01-19-2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Well i wont tutch this one as im one off the sceptic fan club L15, in my world a fake.
        Mikael

Comment

Interesting to say the least when one considers

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=198480

However, I feel the answer will be 'my staff...'
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

The pebbling effect on the core is a new one on me.

Regards ...

Comment

Another Detlev fake???? Is that possible?

Comment

Who said this cross comes with a C.O.A.?
                I think for the less expensive items you have to pay an additional fee for a C.O.A. if I'm not mistaken.

This cross is not something I would spend my hard earned money on.

Comment

Fake ?

Originally posted by duffer_jones View Post
                  Hang on a minute fellas, lets not be hasty....Detlev is well aware of how Flock fakes look like...he has them in his "Copy Archive" .....

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

FWIW, I encountered a one-piece L15 at a recent Nashville show.

Take a look at this thread...http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=153148

Same core as the one that was offered by Detlev?
                    -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Brilliant addition to the conversation. What are you trying to say? Do you have anything of value to add to this discussion or just innuendo? All dealers end up selling a fake now or then. Some sell nothing but fakes. What is your point?
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                        Brilliant addition to the conversation. What are you trying to say? Do you have anything of value to add to this discussion or just innuendo? All dealers end up selling a fake now or then. Some sell nothing but fakes. What is your point?

My point being, like you said some dealers sell fakes now or then. It seems especially on this forum, Detlev can do no wrong. Everything he sells is legit and if the item comes with a COA, then its a must for any collector. I've been a member of this forum for 2 1/2 years now and I've never seen anyone really question Detlev's items. If a dealer does sell fakes from time to time I think its OK to call some of Detlev's items junk. Thats my point

Comment

"I've been a member of this forum for 2 1/2 years now and I've never seen anyone really question Detlev's items."

Isn't this item being questioned right now?
                          George

Comment

My point being, like you said some dealers sell fakes now or then. It seems especially on this forum, Detlev can do no wrong. Everything he sells is legit and if the item comes with a COA, then its a must for any collector. I've been a member of this forum for 2 1/2 years now and I've never seen anyone really question Detlev's items. If a dealer does sell fakes from time to time I think its OK to call some of Detlev's items junk. Thats my point
                            Detlev's fakes get pointed out when they occur. Do a search and you will find them. So does every other dealers that are shown here. For a member of 2 1/2 years you haven't participated much so perhaps that is why I question your remark.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Don is completely right. The fakes are called out regardless of who is selling them. Detlev has gotten no special treatment here.
                              The main issue here is not that a fake was sold, it seems that those that place a God-like faith in Detlev's opinion, have been shaken.
                              If you as the buyer know what you are buying and put the work into your hobby you will never have any worries. Not only will you get greater satisfaction from your items, you will be able to buy from anyone with confidence.
                              Learn first, then buy.
                              best wishes,
                              jeff
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

I haven't seen any 100% proof one way or the other that this item or any other item questioned is a fake. We are questioning the items which is good. Just because we don't like what we see, don't have one in our collection, or haven't seen one in period photos, is not a very scientific reason to discredit a piece.

Detlev's items have been questioned before, and they will be questioned in the future. The difference being we at WAF take a more civilized approach to discussion ... and not creating a "I HATE DETLEV" thread like some other guys do

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X