Floch EK1 w/ non-magnetic core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floch EK1 w/ non-magnetic core?

I thought I had a good working knowledge of the floch series of fakes, but this one left me perplexed. Non-magnetic core and dimpled core. I have not before handled a dimpled core Floch EK1. Photos tell the story.

Thoughts and opinions?
    Attached Files
    -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

the reverse...
    Attached Files

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Are you sure this is a Floch? My Floch looks different!

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz

Dietrich
        You know what that obverse looks like D .....

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz

Dietrich
          And...

Comment

oblique view of the obverse...
            Attached Files

Comment

maker mark...
              Attached Files

Comment

Well Calvin, the reverse setup (as well as maker mark) are textbook Floch. However, the obverse is nothing like I've seen on a Floch before. And I'm sure everyone recognizes that distinctive shape of the beading.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Hall
                  And...
                  ... the obverse is not a Floch frame. And yes, Darrel, it reminds me of something...

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

These are one piece crosses and the base metal is brass or brass-like. They have been around for at least 30 years....I bought a cased one in 1976/77. There is at least one other thread about these types and I don't recall any real conclusion being reached.

Yes, it has that distinct something to the formation of the beading, but then so do other accepted EKs except for the RKs!

Comment

Does yours match phild's description, Calvin?
                      George

Comment

Originally posted by phild
                        Yes, it has that distinct something to the formation of the beading, but then so do other accepted EKs except for the RKs!
                        The only one I can think of is the Souval. But not nearly as ... err .. rounded ... as this one ....

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                          Does yours match phild's description, Calvin?
                          George,

Good to see that you are on this thread...

EDITED FOR CORRECTNESS: Cross is one-piece construction.

This one has a text-book Floch catch (I my eyes), however, the pin does not match Floch (having freshly handled a floch). Take another look...the pin is certainly not a floch text book pin. Still yet, this cross has a golden hue to the frame which is sooooo indicitive of the floch pieces. Likewise, I have am unaware of a floch w/ non-magnetic core, or dimpled core.

The golden hue of the frame had me thinking 'floch' when I first handled the cross. The catch made me again think, 'floch.'

Darrell and Deitrich,

stop beating aroud the bush ...what are your thougths?

Calvin
                          Last edited by Calvin Hall; 04-15-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Not made by Floch in my opinion.

Cheers.
                            Peter
                            Last edited by Peter Wiking; 04-15-2006, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Hall
                              Darrell and Deitrich,

stop beating aroud the bush ...what are your thougths?

Calvin

Well, like I said above, this is a first for me. If this one had the usual obverse (low date etc.) it would have been written off as a Floch. The obverse is something like I have never seen before (on a Floch), it does have characteristics like some other EKs (the pebbeled core and the rounded beading).

I just don't know what to make of it. Do you know where it came from or when it was purchased?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X