GFM von Bock's KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony,

I understand what you are saying and I certainly don't take it wrong.

I have not started this neither can I end it. Sometimes people just don't want to be named and I have to respect that. I do not know the owner of the set that is pictured in the book because of exactly the same reason.

You read the statement of Detlev and Pieter. Same thing.

And by the way, nothing would change the fact of the cross with the round corner and the lizard tails anyway. It's all a story and whether this is von Bock's cross or not is a question of believe anyway - from both sides.

Even if I could show you the pictures I would not have any proof whatsoever that this is really the set of von Bock. All I can say is that it is not the same PLM and not the same RK. From there on it's story telling.

This has nothing to do with secrecy but rather respecting the trust somebody is giving.

I'm sorry if I have confused the issue by respecting this trust. Will not happen again.

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

It's too bad that nobody can come up with the Hoffmann card of von Bock.
      George

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz
        Tony,

I understand what you are saying and I certainly don't take it wrong.

I have not started this neither can I end it. Sometimes people just don't want to be named and I have to respect that. I do not know the owner of the set that is pictured in the book because of exactly the same reason.

You read the statement of Detlev and Pieter. Same thing.

And by the way, nothing would change the fact of the cross with the round corner and the lizard tails anyway. It's all a story and whether this is von Bock's cross or not is a question of believe anyway - from both sides.

Even if I could show you the pictures I would not have any proof whatsoever that this is really the set of von Bock. All I can say is that it is not the same PLM and not the same RK. From there on it's story telling.

This has nothing to do with secrecy but rather respecting the trust somebody is giving.

I'm sorry if I have confused the issue by respecting this trust. Will not happen again.

Dietrich

Dietrich I respect your character and surely wouldn't ever expect (you) to break your word to a person who sent something in confidence....

Tony, you ( on the other hand ) chased something that you saw that didn't work out to your expectations....and now have your knees in a knot regarding proof...However, you too offered a 'story' about the 86 year old jeweler etc etc etc and in a similar case wouldn't identify this person of incredible 'recall'!! You can't have it both ways....so please keep your page marked regarding this v Bock find!
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
          It's too bad that nobody can come up with the Hoffmann card of von Bock.
          Not sure if Pieter will be posting his. A trawl through the net brought me to this which was referenced as the Hoffmann card of von Bock.
          Last edited by J G; 11-20-2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
            Tony, you ( on the other hand ) chased something that you saw that didn't work out to your expectations....and now have your knees in a knot regarding proof...However, you too offered a 'story' about the 86 year old jeweler etc etc etc and in a similar case wouldn't identify this person of incredible 'recall'!! You can't have it both ways....so please keep your page marked regarding this v Bock find!
            Dave,

I like your subtle inflection that I don't have your respect No problem.

I chased nothing and do not have my knees in a knot. I'm just curious where you got your degree in Psychiatry.

What I did ask for is proof. The same that you asked of me regarding a
            story'. As I recall no one ever asked me to identify this gentleman. I presented my findings as they were related to me.

When someone lives and works in a certain venue, be it medicine, sales or the various skilled trades, your so called "incredible'recall' " is not so difficult to relate to. Many people, of clear and unaddled mind, are able to recall events or other pertinate information about their life's work without too much trouble. After all a person's life is a series of of related stories and rememberances, that while different from the next fellows, are as relevant as anyones. I don't see any reason for this old gentleman to embelish his recollection on such a trivial bit of information. So I see no problem there either.

When I asked about the von Bock KC I did so to find out the truth about a type a KC that looks to be a 'Rounder' in some respects and not in other respects. The inner beading is certainly not been filed round as some have intimated here. One has to just look and see. I asked about this KC as it and the PLM were atributed to von Bock. Now there seems to be some knowledge that this may not be the truth regarding the medals shown in "Prussian Blue". I'm just asking about what I see in print. Afterall I am not the expert that some here are in regards to these expensive decorations.

I simply asked for proof. Simple as that. As for my bookmarking this page, well if it makes you happy I will do that. Better yet, send me an autographed picture of yourself and I'll paste it in the book. You'll be famous!

Still, the question begs to be answered with proof.

Regards,

Tony
            Last edited by Tiger 1; 09-27-2005, 04:13 PM.
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Tony, lighten up a bit!!! No one suggested any lack of respect actually just the opposit...a respect for one's wishes and property!

Sorry, I don't do autographs but I will send you a picture
              Attached Files
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

"A trawl through the net brought me to this which was referenced as the Hoffmann card of von Bock."

Thank you, John! <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
                George

Comment

These are the pictures shown in posts 37 and 38....the Rohr card is actually crystal clear 'in hand' and shows the Cross well!
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

I think that picture says it all, Dave.

(The one in Post # 81, that is.... )
                    George

Comment

Yes, Roy snapped that as I left a local medal show
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Nice panties!

Part of the Eva Braun Lingerie Collection?

Tony
                        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

There ya go a bit of humor

Wrong!!! The drawers are from Goring's closet and are monogramed but there are rounded leg openings!!
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Well, Stephen did a good job identifying a good PlM. Mistake was he took someone's word for what something was that couldn't be supported by a clear photo. But for me, bottom line, I have no faith in this RK without some support. The whole structure of it just doesn't work for me... It may turn out to be a real RK, but me now, I can't go for it.
                            Last edited by Brian S; 09-28-2005, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Please forgive the resurrection of this emotional thread but I find it very informative and I've located a von Bock photo that shows his KC/PLM in fair detail. If there is interest I can also provide a better photo of the set that touched off this inquest.

Cheers, Bill Huber
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a closer up view of the KC & PLM in the below photo
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X