My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mathijs!
    Super DKiG, looks identical to the 57 version apart from the Oaks being switched for the swaz?
    Some side by side pics with the early S&L 57 version would be great if time allows!!
    Would guess it dates from the early 57 production period 58-60?
    Very nice!!!!!!!!!!
    -Nigel
    Last edited by Nigel N; 12-08-2012, 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Very nice Mathijs. A great pick up. Your patience has been awarded. Can't want to see the comparison pictures.

Regards,
      Rudy

Comment

aaaah, this is the only "copy" that i´d add to my collection. Although normally expensive this is the only DK that was made by a wartime producer.

Quality is just perfect, only the date of production is unknown.....it always can be a wartime or postwar one. These S&L DK´s with swaz are an own field.

Great catch, Mathijs These are hard to find on the market.

Comment

Yes indeed great catch, but i also think early 57 production period 58-60 ?

Kind regards, Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Flemisch lion View Post
            Yes indeed great catch, but i also think early 57 production period 58-60 ?

Kind regards, Jan
            From what we know by now....most likely.

Comment

Hi Guys!!!
              Interesting pieces these S&L DKiG's with swastika, i only thought this one was from the 58-60 period, as the hardware, finish etc. seem to match early production 57 DK's by S&L!
              There are people who believe that S&L did make these wartime, and probably as many think not!!!!
              I'm not sure either way, but if they did make them wartime, i would'nt expect finish etc. to match a 57er?? Who knows!!!!!!!!
              -Nigel

Comment

S&L probably gets a good laugh .....

Hello Guy's, Sometimes I believe S&L gets a good laugh out of collectors banging our heads against the wall trying to figure all the answers to our many, many questions ! Sometimes I think "S&L has all the answers", but just will not clear things up ! Just MO Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                  Hello Guy's, Sometimes I believe S&L gets a good laugh out of collectors banging our heads against the wall trying to figure all the answers to our many, many questions ! Sometimes I think "S&L has all the answers", but just will not clear things up ! Just MO Tom
                  I think you are right Tom!!
                  I'm sure S&L know exactly what they made, especially the postwar stuff, but refuse to talk about it, unfortunately!!!
                  -Nigel

Comment

Yes, yet another bird .... I keep finding them .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Mathijs ! I wish I could keep finding them !
                      Prost ! Steve.

Comment

And also received this DKiG, coming from the estate of Leutnant Berthold Götz.
                        He was awarded the DKiG on 16/06/1944, whilst being Adjutant of I./Geb.Jg.Rgt.13.

Hope you like it ... its a St&L heavy version ( 79 gram ) mid-production piece.

Grtz
                        Mathijs
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathijs!!!
                          Two fine new arrivals you have!!!
                          The S&L Observers is a really nice looker in great condition, i think we have said before, we both think this is the best Luft badge design!!!
                          The DKiG is also a nice piece, while its not what we think of as the earliest variant, its still a fine example, and non of that really matters too much when it is an attributed piece, which raises it to another level altogether!!!
                          Thanks as always for sharing with us!!!!!!!!!!!beerchug.gif
                          -Nigel
                          Last edited by Nigel N; 12-20-2012, 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Two another top additions to your collection Mathijs.

I can't say it enough, but I really like these DK's and even as miniature collector I couldn't resist in past!

Comment

Wow, has been a big haul these last two weeks ..... hope you like !
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice haul, where do you get them from??

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X