No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And besides the Schickle on previous page this one returned to the flock ..... sold it some time ago, but regretted it since.
    Then suddenly found it on eBay, won the auction ( for nice price ) and now back with me .

Again, my apologies for the picture quality .... bad weather last few days.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Matthieu; 09-12-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Full out picture, now showing the interesting ribbon configuration ....
      Attached Files

Comment

Mathijs!! Great RK's!! Funny how things end up is'nt it, and the one you sold, and regretted, is now back with you ......excellent!!!
        Schickles always llok great, the first one you showed looks in really mint condition!!!
        I think you must have the largest collection of 57 RK's in general and Schickles in particular, so you are the man to answer a question......
        Looking at the Schickles you own Mathijs, is there any major differences in them, as we might expect to find in a lengthy production run? Different core paint, changes to the silvering on the frames etc.???
        I'm just trying to get an idea of when, and for how long, these pieces were made, they all look quality, so i would think from the early period, but i wonder how long they were actually made for???
        they are'nt too common, not that many around, that points to a relatively short production run, maybe only a few years?? What do you think Mathijs???
        And...congrats on a couple of TOP RK's!!!!!!
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Stunning new additions Mathijs. I really like the Schickle!

Best regards
          Pierce

Comment

Hi Nigel, I must admit that the Schickle KC looks much better then its St&L counterpart ( at least in my eyes ).
            There are - besides the frame - some differences as to the core, dates and type of paint used.

I promised Mike to make a thread on Schickle as I did on St&L, but will take a bit more time .... I'll get there .

In the meantime, extra shots of the Schickle during sunny weather ....
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mathijs!!
              I'll look forward to your Schickle thread, that should be quite special!!!
              -Nigelbeerchug.gif

Comment

Very nice Mathijs, very, very nice. I'm also looking forward to your Schickle thread.
                Regards,
                Rudy

Comment

Two wonderful crossed Mathijs! I really like both! What else can be said of a Schickle? I'm with you. Better than S&L. Your 2nd Pattern is nothing to sneeze at. It's one of the better ones I've seen.

Some great questions from my colleague Nigel. I too look forward to the Schickle reference thread. We're all very busy, I understand. No pressure buddy.

Comment

Was also able to land this 1st pattern ( unmarked ) "B" frame by St&L .... another mint condition piece .
                    Attached Files

Comment

nice crosse

Some real nice 57era crosses shown, Congrats to the owners of some fine
                      examples.

Peto at point

Comment

Another nice 1st pattern Mathijs!!! As you said, condition looks great, only reall loss of finish i can see is on the suspension loop, do you think this one has been worn? Was there a ribbon with it??
                        No matter how many early RK's we see, i dont think we will ever tire of seeing them, the quality is superb, nothing more pleasing to the eye than a minty 1st pattern 57 RK!!!!
                        Another fine addition as always Mathijs!!
                        Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!
                        -Nigelp0204.gif

Comment

Hi Nigel, it came with modern ribbon and loop, and I merely replaced the loop by a correct 1957 issue one ( hence the wear on the loop ).

Comment

I see!! Thanks Mathijs, it makes sense now!!!!
                            -Nigel

Comment

Yet another TOP NOTCH 1st Pattern RK Mathijs! I have just one and I know how I Love it. I can't imagine having as many children as you do!

Nice one buddy!

Comment

An amazing RK from an amazing collection my friend!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X