No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice RK indeed. I spend a lot of time on these forums feeling jealous. Looking forward to hearing about it

Comment

Landed this smashing medal bar off eBay ... though only one 57er in the bunch, its overall appeal is amazing !!!!!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathijs!!
        Great bar, I was tempted with that one myself!!! I'm not sure exactly what all the medals are, but there appears to be one red cross medal, a couple of catastrophe/flood medals, and many fire service awards (I think!)
        The most interesting piece for me, is the KVK2, I think it is a very early Souval, it has the features of an early Souval piece, its made in zinc, quite a thick suspension ring, and appears to be a re-working of the old S&L wartime KVK die, having the swastika removed, and extra pebbling added.
        Heres a couple of pics of my early Souval KVK2, please compare it with the one on your bar, and let me know if it is the same!!
        Thanks for showing this very interesting bar Mathijs!!!
        015.JPG

016.jpg
        Last edited by Nigel N; 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM.
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Wow Mathijs, thats quite some medal bar ! I have no idea of what most of them are, but I like it !!! Tom

Comment

New display case

Finally I got round in buying and assembling a new display case.
            It should be able to hold the majority of my attributed KC groups.
            They deserve better then sitting in a drawer ( as they now sadly do ).

Grtz,
            Mathijs
            Attached Files

Comment

Very Impressive Mathijs!! Should make for a great display of your attributed RK groups, they are well deserving of a nice display case such as this, and you can both see them, and still get "hands on" if you want!!
              Just be wary of sunlight Mathijs, too much exposure to bright light, especially direct sunlight will eventually fade ribbons etc,
              Please show us more pics when the groups are in there!!!
              -Nigel

Comment

I like it also ! I wish I could display mine at home. We have a HUGE brake in problem here in the US, so mine are in my safe box at the bank. Every time I want to "play" with them I have to drive to the bank and retrieve them Can't wait to see pic's when is done! Tom

Comment

For the KC's with modified ribbon configuration, I intend to purchase a few necklace displays ( white looks best ).
                  Good idea or not ??? If yes, would you go for the big one ( left one, height 34 cm ) or the smaller one ( right one, height 18 cm ) ...

@ Nigel, its my office / collection room, the curtains are almost always closed ....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is a snapshot of the glass case .... now my KC groups are properly displayed
                    Attached Files

Comment

FANTASTIC!!!!!!
                      Awesome Display Mathijs!!!!!!!!
                      -Nigelclap5.gif

Comment

I never tire of looking at this thread and your amazing collection. You look like you need 5 or 6 of these new class cabinets. I shall now go to bed and dream of 57er RKs.

Comment

Absolutely Fantastic display !!!!!!!!!!!!! What a winner ! Tom

Comment

Looks much better displayed. Is that all of it????? Don't you need another cabinet.

Regards,
                            Rudy

Comment

Very impressive!

Best regards.

Maciej G.

Comment

Came across this little sleeper this evening ... and just bought it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X