No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice GAB100 by Souval ( multi piece, attached by four rivets ) .
    Attached Files

Comment

And especially for Jonathan, this peculiar looking DKiG by Souval ( ??? ). Lightweight piece ( only 45,2 gram ) with 4 metal rivets holding the entire DKiG together.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hinge block and catch ....
        Attached Files

Comment

Swastika and date ....
          Attached Files

Comment

Shot of the special type of rivet used ( have not come across on Souval DK before ) ... only on other badges.
            Attached Files

Comment

And ending with some shots of the starburst .....
              Attached Files

Comment

Some great new additions to the collection there Mathijs!!!
                The one i find most interesting is the DKiG, like you, i have'nt seen one with this type of wire rivet to hold it together!
                I reckon its quite an early one too, it does'nt use Souvals distinctive one piece folded catch, but it does ues the early hinge, with the low, thin block part!!!
                Congrats on some TOP pieces!!!
                -Nigelsign0087.gif
                Last edited by Nigel N; 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM.
                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Indeed so Nigel ... also interesting because of the hinge block .... it resembles hugely with the one found on the wide pin 1957 St&L DK.

Top is Souval / Bottom is St&L ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Side by side shot .......
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like more parts sharing between the two makers!!!
                      I was never sure if that low block hinge came from S&L or Souval, it is found on some supposed wartime Souval's but telling pre 45 from post 45 with Souval is not always easy!!!
                      It looks like it came from S&L!!!!
                      -Nigel
                      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Oh, seems you bought out the stock of Souval ..... some nice pieces.

I really like the GAB with that fantastic eagle. These cut outs can be normally found on very early 57ers too. Great looking piece with the rivets i know from Souval on such ones.

But the DK is for me too the first one i see with those style of rivets. Very interesting. Wonder in which decade Souval used this style....would be interesting for his combat awards, too.

Again great additions to our upcoming Souval king.....the postwar pieces look often way better than his wartime ones

Comment

I do like Souval and IMO they are collectable ... I've said it before and I'm repeating it over and over again .

In most pieces ( not all ) the quality is still there, they were made early postwar, and you can buy them at a fraction of the same badge made prior May 1945 .

Still have a couple of more Souval heading my way ... seems they are popping up like mushrooms these days .

And all going well, expecting another two 1957 KC groups shortly ( hurry up, postman )

Comment

Hi Mathijs,

Your starting to convince me. You are right. They are cheaper and the quality is not too bad. I came close to getting a destroyer badge but I have a few items that I have to pay for so I held my fingers from the keyboard. You do have some nice looking pieces. Keep on showing.
                            Regards
                            Rudy

Comment

congrats Mathijs some very nice souvals the quality is definalty there only think i don't like is the the rivit style where they fold it over other than that there beutys

best regards
                              tom

Comment

Seems some interesting items are change hands these days . Must thank my buddy Nigel for thinking of me on this particular piece.

It's already been posted and discussed, but here it is once again .
                                A late "C" frame holding what looks like a wartime Otto Schickle KC core ( magnetic ).

Clearly the "800" and "4" mark are bogus, somewhere in time added to fool the collector. However Nigel informed me that the "800" loop perhaps might be a wartime example as well .....

So here it is .............. enjoy the partial 1957 award
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X