Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbizy View Post
    I think I know...
    ... but it will have to wait couple of days .
    In the meantime, I was able to add two LW badges still missing from my collection.
    First up the Airgunner badge .... beautiful early St&L piece .
    Attached Files

Comment

And then one for which I've been looking quite some time now .... the early St&L FJ Badge ... finally a brother for my Deumer one .....
      Never mind the price tag of 15,- ( Euro or DM ??? ) - although is pretty close to the price paid for this one . Yes, there are still bargains to be found !!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Two awesome badges Mathijs! Congrats!

All the attributes of early beauties are there

You know I'm a sucker for nice FJ badge and yours is a gorgeous example!

I've noticed before and see it here again, and I'm wondering about the wreath on the Air Gunner. Why would S&L use this wreath, to the best of my memory, on this style of badge alone? It's a different wreath than I see on other early S&L badges. Perhaps its from a reworked wartime die with the Swastika removed?

Maybe there's a simple answer and I'm just slow witted.
        Last edited by mbizy; 03-23-2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Two wonderful early badges Mathijs!! You've got to be pleased with those beauties!!!
          Congrats!!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Wonderful pieces, buddy
            Although i am not a LW collector i always love to see these very early beauties.

List up what pieces are missing....i´ll have a look then

Comment

The Fallschirmschützenabzeichen is very nice. Wonderful looking.

It looks like, that it did cost "only" 15 DM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
                The Fallschirmschützenabzeichen is very nice. Wonderful looking.

It looks like, that it did cost "only" 15 DM.
                Let´s say it with the Leningrad Cowboys....." Those were the days my friend, i thought it never ends....."

Comment

Hi chaps .... some better shots of these ....
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the other one ....

I've got another great group to post, but that will take a bit more time ... so, patience lads .

Grtz
                    Mathijs
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Matthieu !

Very nice badges ! I see on ebay "another" Morgi fake for sale ! Up to $81.00 now...I wish there was some way we could warn these poor bidders !!! Ebay is a grave yard for 57 stuff ! Keep posting your collection ! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        Very nice badges ! I see on ebay "another" Morgi fake for sale ! Up to $81.00 now...I wish there was some way we could warn these poor bidders !!! Ebay is a grave yard for 57 stuff ! Keep posting your collection ! Tom
                        Tom, do you mean a Morigi Ritterkreuz?

Comment

Morigi RK

Hello Arthur, Yes it's a cased RK...I found it under Knights Cross 1957 on ebay

Comment

Two beauties Mathijs, my friend! The new pics do them justice!

The air gunner appears to be stone mint! Nice one and not often seen! I'm still curious to hear others thoughts on the wreath used for this badge. No thoughts or opinions?

The character of the para badge is quite special. Looks like it's been there and done that! Excellent addition buddy!

Can't wait to see the MASSIVE group displayed! Wish I was there to see it in person!

Comment

Doing well in Airgunner badges this week .... this postwar Souval piece just came in . Still great quality I think ....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice looker Mathijs!!!
                                We all know that on some postwar pieces, Souval's quality was'nt always the best, but this one looks really nice!!
                                Good crisp detail, and a nice looking finish!!! A fine badge to add to your Luft collection!!!!
                                -Nigel
                                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X