ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Reunite Broken Groups - Missing Medals, Documentation, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Silver Star

To cmplete one of my groups, a silver star that was removed from its case at a grade school show and tell display in Illinois named to a Frank Stanfield.
    Ron Weinand

Comment

Reunited a SIlver Star to a Korean War KIA PH

All,

I was able to find and buy the Silver Star to Robert M. Ancel through FJP Auctions last month. I have Anclel's Purple Heart and its great to finally put the Silver Star together with the group. Ancel's information from my web page is below:

Pfc. Robert M. Ancel, 12325428, 3rd Infantry Division, 7th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion, HQ Company. Missing in Action -- Presumed Dead on 3 December 1950 near Hukau-ri, North Korea. Born on 8 October 1932, he entered the service on 26 August 1950 from New York, New York at age 17. He had served in the Army for almost 5 months previously from 11 October 1949 to 25 August 1950.

Pfc. Ancel's unit was driving north into North Korea at the time of the first Chinese intervention into the war. Despite intelligence which showed that the Chinese were active in North Korea and intending to push their attacks on US Forces driving towards the Yalu River, General MacArthur ordered the UN forces to continue their advance. By December 1950, the Chinese had pushed UN forces into a desperate fighting withdraw from the Chosin Reservoir in brutal winter temperatures that reached 40 degrees below zero. It was during this withdraw, with Chinese troops firing down from the flanking mountain tops during the day, and attacking all night long, that Pfc. Ancel disappeared. He died saving the life of another soldier, and was posthumously awarded the Silver Star for his actions.
      The citation reads, "On 3 December 1950, in the vicinity of Hukau-ri, Korea, Private Ancel did, without personal regard for his own safety, expose himself to intense small arms, automatic weapons, and mortar fire, in order to retrieve vital signal equipment which had been left in the 'G' company positions when those positions were overrun by numerically superior enemy forces. After the physically exhausting trek up the steep slope and return, Private Ancel discovered that his unit was in the process of withdrawing. He found a place on a vehicle, but after moving only a few yards he gave the place to a wounded man whom he noticed limping by. Private Ancel was last seen by his comrades trudging up the steep mountain road. Private Ancel's display of coolness and courage in the face of withering enemy fire and his concern for a wounded comrade were an inspiration to his fellow men."

His body was never found. He was declared dead in 1953. He was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Combat Infantryman's Badge and campaign awards. At the time of his death, he was 18 years, 1 month, 25 days old.

Thanks,
      Ed Maier

Comment

I am looking for the engraved Purple Heart that was awarded to my cousin, Homer Kreischer. Disappeared from the family a long time ago and I would like to bring it back.

Comment

i am trying to locate anything that has anything to do with my grandfather, he fought in the pacific theater in WWII. i have his good conduct metal, his marksmans badge, and a 25th inf. div. patch. but i am curious if anybody knows where any more of his stuff might be. im willing to make very generous offers for the return of anything that belonged to him during the war. and if anybody knows anything about his service i would love to know about it.

Pfc. Charles 'Chuck' Rivera
          25th inf. div.

Comment

Distinguished Flying Cross to Robert M. McGraw

I am trying to locate a Distinguished Flying Cross to a Robert M. McGraw. He was an Army Air Corps Lieutenant killed in action during WW2. His officially government engraved DFC was sold at one of the FJP Auctions about a year or year and a half ago or so.

Help!

Thanks!
            MW

Comment

looking for info on pfc richard nicholson 5th ranger ww2

I would really like to know if there is anything out there in someones collection for a 5th ranger bn man named Richard Nicholson.thanks for any help.Dennis B.(dmbrafford@fuse.net

Comment

Henry Levine

I'm hoping to reunite a large grouping of items to Lt. Henry Levine who served with the 95th Bomb Group, 8th AAF. He was a POW in Stalag Luft I. I believe his 8th AAF tunic, paperwork, Air Medal and PH along with various items related to his POW status exist. I will pay well for these items.

Comment

Trying to put a group back together of

36447028 REYNOLDS KEITH E ILLINOIS KNOX PEORIA ILLINOIS 43 Undefined Code 1922

Got his Ike Jacket and Unit book so far. Would like to see other items out there if anyone else runs across them or other cool 87th Division items to put with this grouping.

Comment

I have a 1942 dated award bar of the USN Good Conduct Medal. The reverse is named "Earl Harold O'Connor" The medal that the bar came pinned to is unnamed. There has to be a named pendant out there somewhere. Please PM me if you have the medal.
                    Thanks,
                    Allan

Comment

Looking for anything having to do with M/Sgt. Basil C. Thompson. KIA in Italy 11/43. He was w/HQ FA battery - 45th ID. thanks!
                      Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

Im looking for anything related to joe sabatino, AAC CBI. This is such a long shot, but..if anyone actually finds anything for any of the wants listed in this thread,please post . It happens only once in a blue moon, and way cool when it actually does happen,so i hope at least someone here gets their wish.

Comment

Looking for Uncles Purple heart Named Kopas

Looking for my great uncles Purple Heart's Named Erving Kopas or E. Kopas on reverse, he was awarded two Purple Hearts during WWII and either they were lost or stolen no one knows for sure as he passed 1962.
                          I would be willing to buy these back no questions asked.
                          No forgeries please!
                          Ericwien@hotmail.com

Thanks
                          Eric Wien

Comment

I am in possession of the Purple Heart to Eugene Berkowitz.

I would like to reunite it with his Silver Star.

Thanks!!

Comment

Navy Mexican Campaign Medal # 12940

I know this is a long shot, but i do know that it was sold and is in a collectors hand.

Navy Mexican Campaign Medal # 12940 is needed to bring a group back together

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
                              Stephan

Comment

Paperwork and any info on Paul / Pablo Z. Martinez, D/506.

I currently have his Bronze Star + Purple Heart group but would like to reunite this split group

Danny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X