X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junker Pilot, early pattern?

Opinion on this junker

Comment

Am about to pickup this badge if all agree it's an original WW1 badge...

Comment

Originally posted by ccj View Post
        Am about to pickup this badge if all agree it's an original WW1 badge...

Prussian Pilot’s Badge; Type 4 by C. E. Juncker of Berlin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Early Pattern

Early Juncker's have the mark "C.E. Juncker" Berlin , half moon , 800 in the middle of the back plate. Just my view, nevertheless, this is a nice badge, N.H. Coe

Comment

Early Pattern

eMedals ( Barry Turk ) just sold a type 4. It is on his web site, N.H.Coe

Comment

Yeah

Comment

This one looks original to me, maybe a 1917 period but before the broken the "E". I say that because the detailing and hand finishing looks rougher on this one than many (hinge, edge, crown cuts) . I know they varied.

One thing to keep in mind is always look at weight. On this style badge in 800 silver it should be around 30 grams plus or minus maybe 2 grams (or a little less)

I have see some fairly decent Juncker fakes that were cast but very heavy!

Comment

71.36mm x 45.93mm
                  weight 29.3 grams

Comment

I think it´s a good one, too.
                    Nevertheless I dont´t like it because the crown cutouts are awfully made (apprentice job?) and disturb the general impression of sophisticated craftmenship these badges usually display.
                    But that´s only my personal opinion - "de gustibus non est disputandum"
                    Regards
                    Hagrid

Comment

Originally posted by Hagrid View Post
                      I think it´s a good one, too.

Nevertheless I dont´t like it because the crown cutouts are awfully made (apprentice job?) and disturb the general impression of sophisticated craftmenship these badges usually display.

But that´s only my personal opinion - "de gustibus non est disputandum"

Regards

Hagrid

That's an issue I've been studying. Do you guys think this would have been offered for sale or put away as a reject? And, if rejected, would they put away or melt and use for another product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Juncker is not a rare badge and they are regulary on the market for sale . Juncker produced both award and private purchase pieces. Genreally, they are of a very high qualiity. If you have any doubts, do not purchase the item. N.H. Coe

Comment

I think that your question is impossible to answer with any certainty. That badg may
                          Have well been delivered to the government for award as it is not that poorly finished. It does seem to show some honest wear on the high points and would be consistent with a badge worn in service for a year or so. None of that also excludes it from being private sold and worn. I think that having a range of examples is not a bad collecting model

Comment

Originally posted by nhcoejr View Post
                            eMedals ( Barry Turk ) just sold a type 4. It is on his web site, N.H.Coe
                            We are talking about this emedals-badge here ...
                            And I think CCJ is the happy new owner
                            Regards
                            Hagrid

Comment

Barry's is a nice badge and sold for a very good price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X