GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brunswick Skull Medals Badges Stickpins !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think such a cockade is rarer than the other ordinary variants of cockades. Questions, questions, questions....

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
      // What do you think about this cockade on the photo? //
      Interesting Steven. The pattern is the pre-1867 with the large cross and single "ring" worn by Officers and Portepee-Unteroffiiziere. 'Supposedly', this was replaced in 1867 to have a 'double ring', but these regulations apply only to Preußen. I have seen too many like yours to think they are all pre-1867. So I think that with the Reserve/Landwehr EK in the centre, the double ring was not always followed, as it left little room for the EK. I would say that Kokarde you have is well after 1867.

Comment

No separate metal ring....

I saw the ring and my first thought was officer! But I looked at the basic structure and it is is comparable with an other ranks Reserve Kokarde. It means an one-piece metal painted Kokarde with a separate Reserve EK. But no separate metal ring! The ring is part of the painted brass plate! I'm not sure, did you notice it on the photo?

I have never seen such an officer Kokarde without a separate ring (always a separate ring or a separate double ring)!? Do you have seen such an item before? A manufacturer variant?

Comment

// But no separate metal ring! The ring is part of the painted brass plate! I'm not sure, did you notice it on the photo?
          No I did not. Even more interesting! But no Mannschaften would wear that with the ring, painted or seperate metal. That must be a variation, still worn by Officers and Portepee-Unteroffiiziere in my opinion. T

Comment

Yes, I'm sure your are right and it is an Officer variation

Comment

Especially the cross in the centre of the Kokarde I really like!!!

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-08-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

It has the color of the Braunschweiger Kriegsverdienstkreuz (bronce color) and not,

like the other crosses on Kokarden, a silver color etc.

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-08-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

And here is the well known Braunschweig Kokarde for officers with the double ring.....

Comment

Question!

I would like to hear some opinions! Is this a Brunswick skull or another one (for example Wehrwolf, Freikorps...) ?

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-10-2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Looks a bit like this one.............Wehrwolf with no 'W'.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Especially the frame looks similar like the one from the Wehrwolf badges. Not the same,but comparable. And the bones behind the skull.

Comment

Is the skull in #99 from Brunswick or not ???

That is the question!
                          Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Other thoughts, opinions?

Comment

Is the skull in #99 from Brunswick or not ???

That is the question!
                              Braunschweiger Wehrwolf !

That is the answer !

Comment

Interesting idea !!!!

OK, I will stop the quiz. Here is the complete photo!

This postcard is a good example for a lot of different skull variants,
                                which are to find on printed Braunschweig stuff (books, postcards etc.)

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-10-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X