Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brunswick Skull Medals Badges Stickpins !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a special kind of Brunswick IR92 uniform?

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Who can tell me more about the uniform

Comment

You should email Tony through his web site. http://www.kaisersbunker.com/ I'll bet he knows.

Comment

Another kepi..............Brunswick Fusilier, c. 1870.
          Attached Files

Comment

A similar Tschako like the one on my photo

Comment

Brunswick cap skull! Look at the bones! The most flat cap skulls had bones, that were together.

Here is a flat skull variant with bones, that are not together!!!
              Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-06-2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

A nice photo with the ordinary skull (bones together) in wear.

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-06-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Another skull (bones together):

Comment

I would like to see a photo with the the secound variant (bones not together).

Comment

I'm not sure with the skull on the next photo .....
                        Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Bones, that are not not together? Opinions or better photos

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 11-08-2008, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
                            Who can tell me more about the uniform
                            Zuerst, Wie heißen Sie? Sie sagen nie Ihren Namen?

Okay, back to English. Up to 1886, Braunschweig wore a uniform called a Polrock. It was black, with kornblumenblau collar, cuffs, and shoulder straps in black cord. The Polrock you show, is correct for prior to 1886. The Tschako that Robin posted, is the Braunschweig Model 1860 pattern made from felt. The Tschako you show with the Polrock, is the Model 1860 Preußen pattern made from leather, worn by IR92 from 18 Feb 1872 until the Pickelhaube was adopted. When Braunschweig joined the North German Confederation 18 March 1886, they adopted the Preußen pattern Waffenrock for the X Armee Korps, with blue piping around the red Brandenberg cuffs, with white shoulder straps with red cypher, and the Preußen pattern Pickelhaube with the Braunschweig eagle Wappen.

For interest, here are three strap patterns worn by Braunschweigisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.92 (Braunschweig) X Armee-Korps. The dark blue pattern with black cypher worn on the Braunschweig Polrock until 1886 with cord cypher, the white strap with red chain-stitched and felt cypher cypher worn after Braunschweig adopted the Preußen pattern Waffenrock in 1886, and the M1915 strap worn on the M1915 Bluse.

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
                            Bones that are not not together? Opinions or better photos
                            The only photo I have is kind of blurry, but you can clearly see that there is a gap between the femur bones.

Comment

Polrock!

Polrock! I heard the name before! I was not sure, the right name for that kind of uniform? Thanks again for the informations and the photos

PS: Ich habe mehrere Vornamen. Sie können mich Steven nennen.

Comment

Another question, Tony! I read the article on you web site, but I'm not sure... What do you think about this cockade on the photo? Officer or other ranks? It is not the ordinary flat cockade for other ranks, but I think no officer cockade. A private purchased cockade for other ranks? When it was used? Pre- 1914 or later?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X