EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brunswick Skull Medals Badges Stickpins !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Same.
    Thanks for the info!

Comment

It came togehter with a similar one, that has the Prussia skull on it! The Prussia skull looks like the same Cupal skull pin, that was always sold as Civil Tank Pin from ww2.

Is it possible the items were made for cavalry vets in the 40's? What do you think?

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 12-02-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Interesting!
        I've never seen the one with the Prussian skull.
        I think they are both vet badges from the 1930s.
        Mine isn't maker marked.
        Here's another Prussian skull like that..................
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, both are are not marked, too.
          Last edited by Sergeant 08; 12-03-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Under the black paint you can see the typical material brass. The silvered skulls were seperately put on the plate.

Comment

I know Steven started this thread as a 'badges and stickpins' thread, but it quickly deteriorated into a Braunschweig anything thread.

Here is a gem that I think Steven and Robin will appreciate. I was very fortunate and was able to obtain this wonderful Eigetumsstück (privately purchased) Braunschweigisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.92 (Braunschweig) Unteroffizier mit Portepee Pickelhaube from Sergio Semino in Frankfurt. This was the first time I have bought from Sergio and he was very easy to deal with and the helmet speaks for itself.

This is one of those helmets that a guy has to be very careful with, as with a helmet from any rare unit, it is just the Wappen that makes it what it is, and how do you know it is original to the helmet? In this case, when you look at the rest of the photos, you will see a perfect 'ghost' outline of the eagle Wappen and careful examination reveals the indentations in the lacquer are an absolute perfect match to the Wappen; feather-for feather. For the write-up and the photos click HERE

Comment

Santa Claus visited you very early this year !!!! Tony, a really wonderful Eigentumsstück.

PS: Yes, the thread changed his character. The reason? Not enough posts only for badges or stick pins (because Braunschweig stuff is rare). But I have no problem with the evolution of the thread , because I like all kinds of Braunschweig stuff

Comment

That's a peach of a pickelhaube, Tony!

Comment

A late war photo (1918), that shows a soldier who wore the skull pattern with gaps between the bones. Notice the nose line is a little bit longer, than on other Imperial Brunswick skulls!

It looks, it is late war field grey cap with very rough materials and a cardboard visor, isn't it?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I got an Imperial ground dug busby skull last week! I'm sure, a lot of collectors will think: What a terrible piece of metal!

But for me it is beauty!

I was not expensive and it is very hard to find an original Brunswick officer busby skull (or better a complete busby!).

It seems brass is a high quality material, because the skull is damaged but it has no cracks! I plan to clean it a little bit, maybe it is possible to restore the skull shape.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sergeant 08; 02-28-2009, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

OK, ok.....the condition of my skull is not comparable with the skull on the busby of the Herzog
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sergeant 08; 02-28-2009, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
                              I got an Imperial ground dug busby skull last week! I'm sure, a lot of collectors will think: What a terrible piece of metal! But for me it is beauty!

I was not expensive and it is very hard to find an original Brunswick officer busby skull (or better a complete busby!).

It seems brass is a high quality material, because the skull is damaged but it has no cracks! I plan to clean it a little bit, maybe it is possible to restore the skull shape.
                              I think it is excellent! Most important, you know what an original looks like now. Here is mine, which seems identical.

Comment

Tony, the skull is a really good source to get detail informations about original items.

Your skull looks wonderful!

PS: Look at my skull and you know how your skull could look like, after it was in ground nearly 100 years

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X