Red Cross Medal Bar
    Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
      Red Cross Medal Bar
      Great bar Ron!!

Comment

Its been a while so I thought I'd toss this one out there.
        Attached Files
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Don the Schaumburg-Lippe non-com ribbon is impressive! I think the same ribbon was also used for the 1907 Silver Wedding Medal.

Here is one i have had for a while now but have never posted. Nice non-com EK2 and the Saxony Military Cross of Merit! Unfortunately someone has pilfered one of the eagles from the long service medal!!

From what i have read about pin construction i think this is a Godet made bar? Also the Honor Cross is marked G & S.

Pierce
          Attached Files

Comment

i think not all to often to find in this combination

Ww

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

The Non-Fighting Men

Hello,
              Here is my small contribution to this great thread.

Regards,
              Jody
              Attached Files

Comment

My first non combatant EK.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
                  Here is one i have had for a while now but have never posted. Nice non-com EK2 and the Saxony Military Cross of Merit! Unfortunately someone has pilfered one of the eagles from the long service medal!!

From what i have read about pin construction i think this is a Godet made bar? Also the Honor Cross is marked G & S.Pierce
                  Hi Pierce,

A very nice looking medal bar. However, in my opinion, that 'G&S" marked Hindenburg Cross is more likely made by the Dresden firm of Glaser & Sohn rather than Godet. By the early 1930s, the Berlin-based Godet firm was known as Gebrüder Godet & Co., not Godet & Sohn. Also, it seems more logical that if this guy was from Saxony (as the medal bar indicates) and was again living in Saxony after WW1, his Hindenburg Cross would most likely have been supplied by a manufacturing firm in Saxony so the Dresden firm seems more likely here.

I do see why you feel that the bar was assembled by Godet, but a Godet assembly does not necessarily imply the use of a Godet made Hindenburg Cross.

Best regards,
                  Tom

(This picture is not the best, but here is a Godet marked Hindenburg Cross):
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 11-26-2010, 04:38 PM.
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                    Hi Pierce,

A very nice looking medal bar. However, in my opinion, that 'G&S" marked Hindenburg Cross is more likely made by the Dresden firm of Glaser & Sohn rather than Godet. By the early 1930s, the Berlin-based Godet firm was known as Gebrüder Godet & Co., not Godet & Sohn. Also, it seems more logical that if this guy was from Saxony (as the medal bar indicates) and was again living in Saxony after WW1, his Hindenburg Cross would most likely have been supplied by a manufacturing firm in Saxony so the Dresden firm seems more likely here.

I do see why you feel that the bar was assembled by Godet, but a Godet assembly does not necessarily imply the use of a Godet made Hindenburg Cross.

Best regards,
                    Tom

(This picture is not the best, but here is a Godet marked Hindenburg Cross):
                    Yes that does make more sense. Thanks Tom, very well explained! I had always thought G&S was Godet & Sohn. Also thank you for posting a Godet marked Honour Cross...I don't believe I have seen one marked like that before.

Kind regards
                    Pierce

Comment

Here is a new arrival. A very non-combatant ribbon bar. I would assume a medic type in the first war and then an active civilian in the second. The bonus for me is the non-combatant Bulgarian 1915-1918 Commemorative Medal ribbon on the end. It is the first one in my collection and only the third one I have seen on a ribbon bar.

Kind regards
                      Pierce
                      Attached Files

Comment

One more....
                        Attached Files

Comment

here`s my newest one. note the rare anhalt friedrichts-cross on non-combattant ribbon (green with white stripes).
                          the owner was an prussian n.c.o. who served 15 years. the i.c. is a godet one.

best regards, joe.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by römischIX; 03-07-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Here is one with an Italian medal on the end. If anyone can tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This one belongs in the 'dog's breakfast' file. It was probably done up for display by the vet or his family, as it is an old job. Apparently this guy's name was Edmund Schwarz.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Some nice bars here.
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X