No announcement yet.

Der Stahlhelm! Bund der Frontsoldaten!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always liked interesting and unusual items, and have always been interested in the inter war years.
    So when I saw this Stahlhelm visor come up for sale I had to have it!
    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-19-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

"Hollenkamp" and indeed you're correct it is Leipzig!

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-19-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Does anybody know if Der Stahlhelm members only wore the stahlhelm buttons on their tunics or if they would have also worn imperial crown buttons?

If so does anybody have a photo?

Cheers

JC

Comment

Originally posted by JC ESQ. View Post
              Does anybody know if Der Stahlhelm members only wore the stahlhelm buttons on their tunics or if they would have also worn imperial crown buttons?

Cheers

JC
              I think you must ask, when wore Stahlhelm members which kind of buttons!

At the beginning you could still find Imperial buttons on their uniforms.
              Last edited by Sergeant 08; 05-09-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JC ESQ. View Post

Cheers

JC
                I don't have a photo. But, I owned an early Stahlhelm tunic about 30 years ago, which was a converted 1910 pattern infantry tunic with the standard royal Prussian crown buttons, but with Stahlhelm chevrons and sleeve insignia.

Don't forget that the Stahlhelm was formed in December 1918 and served for a brief time in January as a Freikorps unit, so would have continued to wear their imperial tunics.

Comment

It is for sure that in the earliest years of its existance Stahlhelm-members still did wear Imperial buttons, as due to the economical situation the High Command did not want to have members extra costs. A lot of things were allowed. Even when the steel-helmet button became official (and even later).

In fact since about 1925 the steel-helmet buttons had to be used. This is noted and known from various sources: Anzugsbestimmungen for the Greater Berlin-group from Gau I. Regulation is from May 1925: dark-grey tunic (in fact a jacket) with steel-helmet buttons. Further in catalogues from the mid-1920's (for example Wilhelm Deumer, 1926) did not show the Imperial button, but the steel-helmet button.

Comment

jc esq nice cap indeed. post a pic of mine i picked up last year also in great condition
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark View Post
                      jc esq nice cap indeed. post a pic of mine i picked up last year also in great condition
                      Excellent cap!

Comment

thks 08 i have a few other bits to post soon but currently off shore so cant

Comment

Nice cap Chris, great quality. Oldenburg cockade isn't?

Comment

Thanks for the info on the buttons,

I've been collecting a few Stahlhelm bits recently and will post them up when I get the chance.

JC

Comment

Few certificates, welcome your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
                                Few certificates, welcome your thoughts
                                No pictures?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X