Verbandsabzeichen des Heeres – Bw Army Unit Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

with the pink colour it can never be Panzergrenadier, that is green.

It is an old cloth patch of the Panzer-Lehr-Bataillon. It changed in December 1958 to Panzerlehrbataillon 93.
    Since 1970 they have a new Verbandsabzeichen.

Such a cloth patch could not be worn on a uniform.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
      Hi,

with the pink colour it can never be Panzergrenadier, that is green.

It is an old cloth patch of the Panzer-Lehr-Bataillon. It changed in December 1958 to Panzerlehrbataillon 93.
      Since 1970 they have a new Verbandsabzeichen.

Such a cloth patch could not be worn on a uniform.

Uwe
      Sorry, I went on the design and neglected to use the background colour. The same design on a green background is Panzer Grenadier Lehr Battalion 92.

Marc

Comment

TJ, what's the size of this patch?

Regards

Comment

Some further thoughts: Although it looks very similar, I doubt that this insignia ever was the insignia of the Panzer-Lehr-Bataillon because of the depicted HS 30 APC instead of the Kampfpanzer...unless the first Panzer-Lehr-Bataillon had an Panzergrenadierkompanie.

Pink is the Waffenfarbe of the Panzer- and former Panzerjägertruppe The design is that of the Panzergrenadierlehrbataillon 92. I think in the the 1980's ("Heeresstruktur IV") they began to mix Panzergrenadiere, Panzer and Panzerjäger on Battalion level. So my guess is that this patch ist the insignia of a Panzerzug/-kompanie or Panzerjägerzug of PzGrenLehrBtl 92. (At least for trials which were performed by the Lehrtruppe.)

This patch could be made to be sewn on a company-pennant, desktop flag or the like, which were and still are very popular. It could also be made to be worn on an uniform. I have served in units, where more colorfull patches where worn on field uniforms (OD and camo).

Now I'm Curios about the size...

Comment

Hello Gents,

Is this an actual or fantasy shoulder sleeve insignia?

Many thanks,
            TJ
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another one I'm unsure about; obviously connected to Berlin somehow.

Does anyone have an I.D.?

Thanks again,
              TJ
              Attached Files

Comment

For the final round of "stump the chump", I'm looking for the identification of the patch in the center of the photo (Korps with pink "T").

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
                TJ
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
                  Hello Gents,

Is this an actual or fantasy shoulder sleeve insignia?

Many thanks,
                  TJ
                  This is patch is or was worn by "Reservisten" not asigned to a specific unit. It also exists as pocket hanger.

Comment

For the final round of "stump the chump", I'm looking for the identification of the patch in the center of the photo (Korps with pink "T").

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
                    TJ
                    Now that is something I haven't seen before. Looks like a heavily modified Korps patch. Not official in any way. Could we see a close-up of front and back of the patch?

Comment

Here is another one I'm unsure about; obviously connected to Berlin somehow.

Does anyone have an I.D.?

Thanks again,
                      TJ
                      Absolute right, TJ. This patch shows the coat of arms of Berlin...the thing is, it shows nothing else... hmmm. Any further infos, uniform details, provenance?

Comment

Gentlemen,

I've seen the Berlin badge floating around but I have never seen it on a uniform before. Interesting that it is on the right arm.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                          Interesting that it is on the right arm. Gordon
                          There are a lot of units that wear their parent badge on the right sleeve and some times their sub unit badge on the left sleeve in the Field Uniform.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

That is news to me and very contrary to regulations. I have never seen that happen. Regulations, ZDv 37/10, calls for auslander and joint nation badges only to be worn on the right sleeve
                            Attached Files

Comment

Gordon, I think two things were mixed up here. The picture you posted refers to the Dienstanzug only. Today patches were usually worn on this side of the Feldanzug where the Velcro counterpart (don't know the exact term, sorry) is sewn on. On current Feldblusen it's the right side (sleeve pocket on the left sleeve). You'll also find early type Feldblusen with the sleeve pocket on the right sleeve. Patches were worn on the left sleeve of this types. Also Feldblusen can be found with patches sewn on the sleeve pocket or both sleeves (especially when the soldier is deployed). All variations are possible.

Comment

Proud Kraut,

Interesting comment. I have not digested all of the VDv 37/10 but I don't remember seeing different regulations for the Feldanzug than are printed for the Dienstanzug. However, regardless of what the regulations appear to say what is actually done wins the day.
                                Just as an general comment to no one in particular, there are feldazug tunics with out a pocket on the sleeve, with a pocket on the right sleeve only and a pocket on the left sleeve only. It would appear, from what you say, that the unit patch was worn on the sleeve without the sleeve pocket.
                                Thanks for this additional information on what is actually worn.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X