No announcement yet.

Verbandsabzeichen des Heeres – Bw Army Unit Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last for today the third Panzerdivision wich shows the cardboard inner construction.
    That KK on the back;what does that stand for?
    All the best,
    kees
    Attached Files

Comment

Kees,

some very nice variants, that you have posted, thanks for sharing! KK stands for "Kleiderkasse", btw. Some additional remarks:
      1. The I. Korps bullion one is a very nice early variant.
      2. I do not understand, why, after 50 years of manufacturing, they currently aren't able to produce woven patches with the black, red and yellow shield colors in normal proportions and centered eagle's shield. I simply HATE this new variants with big black top background and skidded down eagle (post # 15, left WBK IV one). (My guess is: Cheapest provider > lowest producion cost (at the expense of quality) > maximum profit). The last patches I ordered were 6,99 EURO!!!!
      3. I have to correct myself conserning the manufacturing designation. Standard patches are woven ones. Hand embroidered ones can be bought at the KKBw/LHD-shops. In the 1960's a third manufacturing variant did exist: Machine embroidered ones. These are tough to find today. Much thinner and lighter than the hand embroidered ones you can easily detect them by the silver/golden machine embroidery on felt. See some examples below: Artillerieschule (left) and Heeresfliegerwaffenschule (right)

Lars
      Last edited by Proud Kraut; 06-16-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Lars,thank you for your comments.
        I guess I should know what KK stands for,but sometimes I'm just one googleclick away from a total mental blackout,so that even the most obvious knowledge doesn't surface.
        That's why I still need following Wiki page that shows a very good overview of these badges.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutze...der_Bundeswehr

And if I analysed this badge correctly ,it must be a machine embroidered one for; Schule für Feldjäger und Stabsdienst,
        Attached Files

Comment

Example of a badly ripped badge from the Panzerbrigade 36,wich has yet another type of backing.
          The missing corner was left on the tunic.
          Although I'm pretty handy in ripping badges of tunics,sometimes I fail like in this case.
          All the best,
          Kees
          Attached Files

Comment

One of my favorites.
            1 Gebirgsdivision.
            Attached Files

Comment

Embroidered ones from the Panzerlehrverband (L) and Logistikzentrum des Heeres.
              And below Panzerbrigade 3.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is how I display them,but most are just the usual ones with the gray backing so not really worth posting.
                I haven't got that many anyway .
                If I come across some nice ones I'll post them here though.
                All the best,
                Kees
                Attached Files

Comment

You have posted some nice badges. Maybe a post card album with individual plastic pockets would be a better way of keeping them.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
                    You have posted some nice badges. Maybe a post card album with individual plastic pockets would be a better way of keeping them.

Marc
                    Marc,I have had patches in all kinds of albums in the past.
                    However,these glass window showcases can be mounted against the wall (wood) with a couple of screw hooks.
                    I like as many of these cases as possible on my walls.
                    I'm single you know,so I'll screw to my wall whatever I want
                    I respect those who are married and only can screw to a wall what the wife agrees to .
                    But you are right;that is an exellent way of keeping,preserving and displaying badges.
                    And of course only usefull when using acid free plastic sheets made recently.
                    All the best,
                    Kees

Comment

Originally posted by chiffonnier View Post
                      Marc,I have had patches in all kinds of albums in the past.
                      However,these glass window showcases can be mounted against the wall (wood) with a couple of screw hooks.
                      I like as many of these cases as possible on my walls.
                      I'm single you know,so I'll screw to my wall whatever I want
                      I respect those who are married and only can screw to a wall what the wife agrees to .
                      But you are right;that is an exellent way of keeping,preserving and displaying badges.
                      And of course only usefull when using acid free plastic sheets made recently.
                      All the best,
                      Kees
                      Displaying them like that on a wall looks okay, but, eventually the exposed parts of the badge fade. And of course you can not see all of the badge.

Marc

Comment

Encountered on a tunic this week; Nahschubschule des Heeres sandwich variant.
                        All the best,
                        Kees
                        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting badge, I have not encountered one sewn onto another one, yet!

Marc

Comment

Gents,

I found this patch to be attractive and unusual.

Any thought?

All the best,
                            TJ
                            Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Looks strange to me. Not very well made. I doubt that is is official combining all of those elements in one badge.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

A cloth version of the badge for Panzer Grenadier Lehr Battalion 92.

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X